Further Probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Further Probs

Right, the head went a month ago, got that fixed (1400.00). Since its been 'Fixed' there has been a bad loss of power. I got the turbo checked out and that was fine. My local garage say its likely the timing. They want 150.00 to do it, non-refundable if it isn't that. I was driving to london today, there was a grating whine coming on when the turbo kicked in. Then the temp gauge started rising. I pulled over to find boiling water in the expansion tank. Called the AA, who checked it, topped up the water and stuck the thermostat open. This seemed to work, the temp gauge took an age to rise. AA man left and i tootled a further 25miles before the whine was back and the gauge rose again. It has now been towed to my local garage for checking tommorow.
    When i got it back from the Head being done, i was hoping for the car that i loved when i bought it. Oh no, its been and still is trouble, now my wife wants me to sell it and get a sensible car. Becoming more and more tempting.
    VERY ANNOYED.

Hi m8
    Search the web site for entries by myself. Many posts will contain a long and painfull story, if there is anything in these posts that sounds familiar post back and I'll help as much as I can.

Don't assume its your block, it may be the timing, but make sure the head is perfect and check injectors and fuel pump if possible.

When the garage put it back together the timing should have been done properly then.

Anyway let us know how you got on.

Ronnie

Comment

Working...
    X