head still not right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head still not right

my surf is going back in to have the new head tested as she still insn't right.the chap at the garage seems to think that the engine block might be cracked,has anyone heard of such a thing happen,and the back window has started playing up aswell. f*##ing truck

Whats wrong with the car? What are the symptoms that are occuring.

I have had serious nonsense from my head refit- search site for @fault finders needed etc....Try clicking on my name and bring up my posts, many of them have a common thread referring to 3 months of crap, and ukcylinderhead sending me a duff head.

If you find any similiarity, just post back.
    Anything I can assist with, I'll be glad to.

Sorry, and hang in there.

Ronnie

Comment

the symptoms are after a trip of 10 miles ish the expansion tank is full of water and shooting it out aswell. after leaving to cool the water is still in the exp tank. whilst left running the temp gauge rises v quick and the fan kicks in but does not boil as yet.top rad pipe is solid from pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by matt steds
        the symptoms are after a trip of 10 miles ish the expansion tank is full of water and shooting it out aswell. after leaving to cool the water is still in the exp tank. whilst left running the temp gauge rises v quick and the fan kicks in but does not boil as yet.top rad pipe is solid from pressure.

possible air lock, if the water goes into the expansion bottle and not back in then the rad cap could be duff, it should allow the coolant to be sucked back in to the system as it cools.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

put on new rad cap with rad recore andbled the system a couple of times but no joy,having the new head tested on mon

Comment

Where is the head from?
            Where is the gasket from?

Comment

Working...
            X