CV Boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CV Boot

undefinedAnyone out there ever changed a CV joint boot on a 92 2.4. Any "special" tools needed or any surprises waiting to bite yer a**e.I'm not totally mechanically inept but as this is a new motor to me i'll bow down to experience of others. All advice gratefully recieved.
    Cheers.
    KEEF
    A positive attitude wont solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

For a write up on changing the boots have a look here.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/cvjoints.htm

Comment

My CV boot went while on holiday. As I only had basic tools and we were camping on a grass field, I used one of those universal split boots. The secret to those is that you have to keep it perfectly clean or the glue wont work. I got the old boot off by slitting it, then wrapped the entire shaft and CV with cling film. The cling film can be removed once the glue has gone off. I then scrubbed my hands clean and stuck the seam together 2CM at a time, then went for a fag n coffee break before fitting the zips at each end.
      I don't know if they are as good as the genuine article but it got me out of trouble without having to jack the truck up and remove the hubs etc
      Attached Files
      Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 20 June 2004, 22:13.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Can anyone shed some light - when my surf was jacked up to get the wheels balanced it looked like the inner cv boots were not attached at all.

Sorry for the rubbish description - maybe someone could take a picture of theirs for me to check out?

Comment

Working...
        X