tailgate lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tailgate lock

hi all,had a problem wiv rear window not going up yesterday,took off all the panels etc,can hear the motor going(a noise) but i noticed this spring that isn't actually doing anything,now, the lock latch doesn't work without me pulling the bottom arm thingy,but it springs straight back shut(to locked) i can see where i think the spring goes but it doesn't do anything when i put it in,the lock still springs back, have done all the searches,but is this spring from the locking mechanism why the window doesn't work properly
    there is a pic of said spring but i cant copy and paste for some reason,its by nifty nev on a thread called "help please,big photo of rear window regulator" by jbriers.
    i can get the window up with a little pesuasion,but can only unlock the boot from inside,so its not a major problem ,just means she'll have to go shopping with someone else he hehe
    could it be a relay or sommat telling the lock to lock
    cheers for any help.

did any of that make any sense???

Comment

Fetch it up here tomorrow Mick, I'll sort it out for a Snickers bar.

Comment

that'd be great vince mate,wot time abouts? 12ish ok,
        thought i could do this one as it looks quite simple,but again i,m a bit stumped
        will shut it all up now nd watch the footy,you're an absolute star

Comment

Originally posted by angloabroad View Post
          that'd be great vince mate,wot time abouts? 12ish ok,
          thought i could do this one as it looks quite simple,but again i,m a bit stumped
          will shut it all up now nd watch the footy,you're an absolute star

Anytime tomorrow, I'm not going anywhere.

Comment

looks like theres a little groove on the brass pin thing thats making it not unlock,but still cant understand why it springs straight back to lock,anywy i'd better perhaps leave alone ,before i end up needing a whole new talgate!!

cheers

Comment

Link to thread with pics.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ndow+regulator

Nev

Comment

Working...
              X