No announcement yet.

Oil Filter Playing Hard to Get!!! LOL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Filter Playing Hard to Get!!! LOL!

I was doing a bit of work on my Surf today.... a quick oil & filter change, rocker cover gasket & a few other general bits ( Surf was in need of a few bits doing & was ####ing oil out of the rocker cover gasker via a big rotten split!!)....
    I've worked on a few motors now but I have to say....
    Who the hell positioned the oil filter under the turbo on a surf, stuck behing the steering linkage/ damper etc?????? How f*%$"$^ stupid!!!!! I thought the oil filter was supposed to be easily accessible for regular changing??? I ended up loosening off the oil filter only to have 2 refit the same oil filter (covered in oil) cos I ran out of daylight & couldn't get the filter out of the confined little space it was stuck in!!!!!! I removed the heat shields from the turbo & stil couldn't get it out??? I'm guessing u gotta actually remove the turbo or loosen off the steering linkage somehow in order to get the old filter out & fit the new one??? After much buggering about I ran out of daylight & had to abort the attempt this time!! Any sneaky tips for changing the oil filters on this motor (92 LN130.... 2.4 Surf TD Auto) or do I have to go down the stripping half the poxy engine dow n route in order to be successful??? WEIRD!!!!! What happened 2 swapping an oil filter around being a 5 minute job?? LOL!!

this should help

http://toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/oilrenew.htm

Comment

You access it from under the wheel arch. Remove the small bolts holding the metal plate to the inner wheel arch and the filter can be seen behind there. Removing the wheel, makes it even easier.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        You access it from under the wheel arch. Remove the small bolts holding the metal plate to the inner wheel arch and the filter can be seen behind there. Removing the wheel, makes it even easier.
        Easy when you know how eh lol
        If at first you don't succeed.........give up.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Thanx guys!! If I hadn't been working on the truck myself I woulda thought u was pulling my plonk telling me 2 remove part of the wheel arch 2 get 2 the oil filter- those japanese guys sure come up with some crazy things!!! Lol!! Thanx again guys!! Now I know for nxt time!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by dannchucky View Post
            Thanx guys!! If I hadn't been working on the truck myself I woulda thought u was pulling my plonk telling me 2 remove part of the wheel arch 2 get 2 the oil filter- those japanese guys sure come up with some crazy things!!! Lol!! Thanx again guys!! Now I know for nxt time!! :-)

You should see where they fit the starter motor on the Lexus V8!

Comment

Working...
            X