Turbo boost/fault codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo boost/fault codes

Hi guys all help appreciated Been losing turbo boost for a few weeks on and off so I did the fault check and got a code 2 Turbo boost pressure sensor fault 8 intake air temp sensor and code 11 switch sign (vehicle not in P or N)
    I managed to get hold of a boost sensor just put it on reset codes and took truck for a spin. I picked a good steep long hill and gave her some stick just got to the top and I lost boost. When I got home checked codes and this time I got 2 and 11. reset again and retested and that time got 11. Does anyone have any ideas as what to try next. I have changed fuel filter and checked vac pipes myself and had a mate check them over too.

Cheers

Tyton

Originally posted by tyton View Post
    Hi guys all help appreciated Been losing turbo boost for a few weeks on and off so I did the fault check and got a code 2 Turbo boost pressure sensor fault 8 intake air temp sensor and code 11 switch sign (vehicle not in P or N)
    I managed to get hold of a boost sensor just put it on reset codes and took truck for a spin. I picked a good steep long hill and gave her some stick just got to the top and I lost boost. When I got home checked codes and this time I got 2 and 11. reset again and retested and that time got 11. Does anyone have any ideas as what to try next. I have changed fuel filter and checked vac pipes myself and had a mate check them over too.

Cheers

Tyton
    hi bud not sure if this is any halp but ive been having the same faults but ive worked it down to the fuel cut off switch on the pump being faulty, after a while if its anything like mine it will die or not start the next day so far the only way i have cured it but it dont last that long is blow air down the inlet pipe refill the pump with redex or diesel, leave over night turn it over a couple of times and she'll start. so far im struggling to find a switch as u need to buy the pump but that can cost a bit lol
    but like i said this may not b what is wrong with urs its only what im going thru at the mo hope it helps and goodluck

pauly
    1992 hilux surf ssr-x 2.4 auto 2nd gen LN130

http://cornishhostingcompany.co.uk/support/aff.php?aff=005

Comment

Thanks I'll take a look but to be honest never had a problem starting her. Anyone else have any ideas?

Comment

A new TPS fixed code 11 for me. I didn't have any loss of power or boost though, I had a wee flat spot.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

did a test on mine and i got 2 11 12 lol

out of interest is ur a/c working????

Comment

No mate I don't think so? Do you think it might be causing code 11?

Comment

Originally posted by tyton View Post
              No mate I don't think so? Do you think it might be causing code 11?
              im not sure i dont have a belt on my a/c so it dont work it will if i be bothered to buy 1 lol and i got 11 so maybe there is something to think or ask about

Comment

Working...
              X