No announcement yet.

Error 2 and 11????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did check the vacume hoses they seem fine on inspection, need to check for blockage possibly.
    I love her, but she keeps on taking!

Comment

Originally posted by Estwing View Post
      A shagged diaphram would have the same result. Does the TPS come with this as a unit? I have no diagrams to see.
      No, the TPS is a we bolt on thing on its own.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

This is getting so confusing, do you reckognise the symptoms and how to correct possibly?

Comment

TPS could be worn and tracking a bit, that could cause it to tell the ECU that the throttle is in a position it's not?
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

By tracking you mean unscrewing +/-?

Comment

Originally posted by Estwing View Post
              Now Im sure its the TPS. Shes over revving then trying to stall, cant drive her now at all its that bad,now its doin it at cruising speed (65mph) so not much good. Revving manually at the engine there I can see the TPS irratically moving up and down, above it is a sealed diaphram ( correct me if Im wrong.) A shagged diaphram would have the same result. Does the TPS come with this as a unit? I have no diagrams to see.
              The TPS unit bolts the other side of the throttle cable on the intake elbow, it can't/shouldn't move at all to look at externally, and is moved internally by the throttle butteryfly shaft.

the diaphram things ( if we're talking about the same bits ) above are part of the shut down valves, and should be open while car is running, and closed when you turn off.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Just changed the fuel filter, the problem has stopped! 2nd time starting tho she revved involentary twice 1 or 2k revs as something clicked/switched but settled after this. The J shaped vacuum hose shows signs of perishing on the end so will change it. the other smaller hoses dont seem so bad and are clear. Going to get some cleaner/degreaser spray and concentrate on the throttle mech and greasy vacuum pipe connections. Will keep you posted. Not as smokey now, no more plumes from the exhaust.
                Thanx for the help Guys

Comment

Well I spoke to soon, the problem is still there,not quite as bad. Anyone got that TPS?

Comment

Working...
                  X