No announcement yet.

ATF light, Smoke, and Stalling! HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATF light, Smoke, and Stalling! HELP!!

Starting her up after work was a mare. plumes of smoke, sounded like a bag of spanners, knocking and stalling. I was very low on fuel and thought she might had sucked some crud up. Once I set off after stalling a couple of times the ATF light (Which I believe is the orange light to the right of the turbo light on a 2nd Gen) Blipped on and it felt almost like a miss fire jerk. Once on the M3 she ran as normal. After leaving the M3 I noticed she felt abit taught, and the engine had developed a wheeze. Will chack the tranny oil level 1st thing, she could do with a 3rd of a litre of engine oil I know. There are 4 notches on the ATF dipstick, where should the oil register 1st thing in the morning? Could over filling cause this? What ever it is it aint good! Is the gear box on its way out?
    I love her, but she keeps on taking!

Orange Light on the speedo face? Thats a engine fault/overboost light. The only Auto gearbox lights are in the bottom strip, one for ATF fluid overheat, and the O/D Off light.

You need to pull the diagnostics codes and see whats up.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Oh bugger! How do I find out error codes I dont Have a manual so Im running blind, Cheers tho!

Comment

Its in the sticky servicing post in this forum group.

They are all listed there.

Comment

Its in the sticky servicing post in the 'Technical - Mechanical - General' forum

They are all listed there.

Comment

Cheers Tony, Could be some spare parts available! Watch this space.

Comment

Working...
            X