yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different starter motors? Both Denso but one 84 and one 85?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different starter motors? Both Denso but one 84 and one 85?

Hi, I got a replacement starter motor from a breaker but it's different to my old one.

I haven't taken the old one off as I could tell by looking that the replacement it much larger and also has an extra bracket on it that my current one doesn't have. I could get the new one to fit but it requires modification of the earth strap as the brass thread is M8 on one and M10 on the new one.

The old one has Denso and 84 written on it (I can't see the rest) and the new one is also Denso but has 85 and 128000-9581 written on the sticker.

Should I go ahead and try to fit the new one and modify the bits I need to or is it just the wrong one?

So you know I have a 1990, 2.4L, Pre facelift, Manual.
    My thoughts are that it may be for the facelift type or for an auto or 3.0L if it makes any difference?

Thanks,

Ray.
    Last edited by lord_flashart; 24 February 2010, 23:38. Reason: Spelling & Details
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

No one, eh? That's a first!

Comment

If it fits then put it in. Just check the gear tooth count is the same beforehand though. It's probably just a 2.7KW starter rather than a 2.0KW. Might pay to upgrade the starter cable from battery if it gets hot during cranking because of the extra current draw.

Nev

Comment

OK, thanks. I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Cheers,

Ray.

Comment

Working...
        X