cut out help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cut out help

hi been doing a few lanes over the weekend and had a annoying fault that kept happening,,,once i lift off the accelerator the engine cut out ,,,once back in park or nuetral it would fire straight back up and not happen again for a while ,,,,but over this weekend its done it about 6 or 7 times ???? please help...

Originally posted by arron View Post
    hi been doing a few lanes over the weekend and had a annoying fault that kept happening,,,once i lift off the accelerator the engine cut out ,,,once back in park or nuetral it would fire straight back up and not happen again for a while ,,,,but over this weekend its done it about 6 or 7 times ???? please help...
    Look for disconnected vac pipes on and around the intake manifold.

Comment

ok will do ,,owt else ????

Comment

ok will do ,,owt else ????
        Does it cut out when you lift off after high revs or from idle?

Unscrew the fuel filler cap and see if you hear air being sucked in, (hissing noise) if yes then the tank breather could be blocked.

Comment

cuts out after high revs,,,and has been harder to start from cold too if that means owt ???

Comment

cuts out after high revs,,,and has been harder to start from cold too if that means owt ???
            Possibly blocked tank breather then (Try the fuel cap test) or you need a new fuel filter.

If the breather is blocked an easy fix is to drill a tiny 3mm ish hole in the filler cap to allow air in the tank.

Comment

whats the fuel tank test??? also i not changed filters for a while and i do a lot of laning

Comment

whats the fuel tank test??? also i not changed filters for a while and i do a lot of laning
                I said fuel cap test!

You've annoyed me now because I can tell you're not reading my posts thoroughly!!

I'm going back next door.

Comment

The fuel cap is the thing you unscrew so you can put fuel in make car go...

I think

peace
                  cal
                  Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Look here:
                    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fuel+cap
                    Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      I said fuel cap test!

You've annoyed me now because I can tell you're not reading my posts thoroughly!!

I'm going back next door.
                      says you i said it cut out after i lift off then you ask does it cut out after you lft off,,fuel tank breather not blocked as it starts straight away after stalling so any more help please ,,,

Comment

and as i said it starts straight away after it stalls so vacuum pipes or fuel tank breathers are not the problem,,, is there any surf technicians on ere,,,

Comment

I think Vince was becoming frustrated with the lack of feedback.....

You have three possibilities:

1. Blocked breather
                          2. Loose vacuum pipes
                          3. New filter needed

You have eliminated (1) so far. What about the other two?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                            I think Vince was becoming frustrated with the lack of feedback.....

You have three possibilities:

1. Blocked breather
                            2. Loose vacuum pipes
                            3. New filter needed

You have eliminated (1) so far. What about the other two?
                            well at that time in the morning i shouldnt expect any feedback lol so onward to the start of the prob not a fuel tank prob and i cant see it being a filter prob too as it fires straight up again??

Comment

Working...
                            X