Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intercooler/exhaust

Hi my name is Mick,

This is my first go on the forum. I have a 1991 2.4tdi ln130 which I have had for 6 years now. Last year the head went so new one put on plus new rings, water pump, belts, thermostat, radiator cap and then complete flushed it out. Guess what 200 miles later its boiling time again . I stripped it down again and found that the gasket was pants so I replaced it, put it all back together, and bingo all is well. Well thats the history of the old girl.

Im going to fit an intercooler off a L200 an a bonnet scoop, does anyone know will i have to enlarge the exhaust or would just removing the back box be ok?

I look forward to any replies many thanks mick [ mad o ]

Hi Mick, welcome.

I've not come across that question before or even pondered it, but I suppose a bigger exhaust could help a bit. I've not heard of anyone needing one when they put an intercooler on though, so I wouldn't bother if I were you.

Comment

As sanch says i've never heard of it as of yet either.
      You may want to do a body lift in order for the intercooler to fit on top of the engine tho
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

after seeing the size of the outlet on the exhaust side of the turbo i don't think a larger exhaust would make any difference, intercooler or not

Comment

thanks very much for your advice guys,think just remove back box so i can get the tail pipe up a bit higher. thanks again mick [mad o ]

Comment

Fitting a larger diameter exhaust, from the turbo, would give roughly the same amount of power gain as fitting an intercooler and keeping the standard exhaust.

Do either, but not both.

Welcome on board by the way, enjoy your stay.

Comment

Working...
            X