Turbo Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Timer

Not sure where this should be, however, do LN130's come with a turbo timer as standard or extra or even aftermarket. The one on mine runs for 1min after shut off, this is a pain in the ass, more so at petrol stations when they're busy, if you start to fill up with the engine running you get some very dirty looks. The truck spends most of its time local running so the TT is doing overtime and maybe costing me more than a new turbo each year. Also I can't lock the truck till it times out. I need to know whether the TT is part of the ECU or a black box in some hidden corner. Anyone?
    cheers.

Hi Bazza,

Press the brake pedal, or pull the hand brake on,
    the engine should stop.

Hope this helps,

Gman.
    If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

if its after market its usually wired to the hand brake if u turn t off wit the handbrake off it should turn off straight away tis is the way the one on mine is wired

Comment

i have a j reg 91 2.4

i just traced the cable from th ett back to above the pedals and just unplugged it, it was plugged in just below the steering colum behind the plastic panel...

Comment

turbo timers are not normally fitted as standard as they are illegal over here if you turn the key off and release the hand brake that should stop the engine or you should be able to turn it off, i removed mine completely as with modern turbo's and oil you should'nt need one for everyday driving
          when the sh*t hits the fan greet the reaper with a smile

Comment

Originally posted by oneintheeye View Post
            turbo timers are not normally fitted as standard as they are illegal over here if you turn the key off and release the hand brake that should stop the engine or you should be able to turn it off, i removed mine completely as with modern turbo's and oil you should'nt need one for everyday driving
            mine went into the bin...... 2 days after i bought truck as it wasnt working..... been offered hks timer but dont feel the need....

Comment

Thanks blokes, I'm inclined to agree that they are not required, legal or otherwise, I usually leave me donk idling while I gather me bits together before I leave the cab anyway. None of your ideas worked by the way but no worries, come weekend I'll whip the drivers seat out and stick me head up behind the dash to see what lurks there, I think I may have seen it whilst up there a while ago replacing a heater cable.
              This Surf reminds me of my old 110CSW, a thing of mystery that goes on not caring whether you own it or not. It just IS.

Comment

take the cover off under the steering wheel and the turbo timer should be harnesed into the ignition wires unless it's built into your alarm system, if it's a stand alone one the you should just be able to unplug it and reconect the ignition harness, if it's in the alarm system you may need the instructions for the alarm to turn it off
                when the sh*t hits the fan greet the reaper with a smile

Comment

mine had one fitted wheni got it but i think its disabled. it is located on top of the hand brake behind the plastic trim in case you have no luck finding it by the ignition.

Comment

Found it, Ty Wrapped up behind radio, turned off. Bliss..

Comment

Working...
                    X