Woe is me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woe is me!

I dropped the wife at work today, then drove home. The car sounded like the exhaust had a hole in it, so I stopped off at STS so they could have a look.

It wasn't the exhaust.

When they tried to start the car, it sounded like a manual would do, if you tried changing it into reverse whilst doing 85 down the motorway.

Also, the gearstick refuses to move unless I press the red button.

Then I discovered that my recovery service had failed to send me a reminder/re-up letter (21st November), and they wanted £180 to come and tow me a mile and a half.

Thank the gods I met Artful Dodger, yesterday! He came and towed me to my garage for considerably less than a triple-top. Thank you so much, mate.

So now I'm waiting to hear from the garage (probably Thursday, now) what the exact problem is, though I imagine I'm going to be needing a new gearbox. Stormforce, if you can keep that one we spoke about earlier today, at least until I know exactly what's wrong, that would be great, mate.

Once again, thanks for the tow, Paul (Oh! And Andy, too!); I would've been proper stuffed, otherwise.
    Last edited by MadcapMagician; 15 December 2009, 12:31.

It's no something stupid like the 4wd selector not fully engaged?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      It's no something stupid like the 4wd selector not fully engaged?
      Sadly not.

Comment

The reason I ask is that auto boxes tend not to crunch (even when they are knackered), transfer boxes do.

And the gearstick not releasing is unrelated, that's probably a blown brake light lamp.

Comment

The spinny disc thing has sheared. (It's not called a flywheel on an auto box is it?)

So, to rectify the situation, I am now the proud owner of a 1995 KZN130.

The LN130 will be up for grabs in the new year, once I've transferred my steering wheel and PIAA horns to the new monster.

Comment

i have an auto box for a 2.4 looking for a new home!

Comment

Too late!

Comment

Flexi Plate.

Comment

oh ok must read the whole thread and see gearbox and post!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                    Flexi Plate.
                    OK. I guess it flexed too much.

Comment

Working...
                    X