Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf LN130

Hi,
    Has anybody stripped out the dash on an LN130 Surf to repair the AC controls?
    The AC pump stopped working but will work when I power it up directly.

Also curiously, on right hand bends and right hand turns hot air comes in from the ductings when the heater motor is switched on and when the car is going in a straight line the hot air input to the car is very poor. It appears as though a ducting valve is swinging free without the linkage but I havn't stripped a dash on one of these so I would appreciate the short cut without taking it all apart.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Pump first, is the air con gassed up properly? If it's low, the pump won't pump.

As for the lower dash, it's a doddle, just remove all the screws underneath and it'll pull off in 3 sections. Right and left first, centre bit last.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Ln130

Thanks for that.
      The pump is OK because I can run it if I power it from the battery direct.
      It won't run from the interior switch so I need to get in there.
      Many thanks again for that.

Comment

Originally posted by warsurf View Post
        Thanks for that.
        There is an inhibitor to stop the clutch locking if the system is low on gas, I'd check that first.

Comment

Thanks for that.
          THE PUMP WON'T RUN IF THERE'S NO GAS IN THE SYSTEM!!!

There's a pink fuse up behind and to the side of the glovebox that powers the air-con, plus a yellow 20a fuse. You'll need to remove the glovebox anyway to get at the air-con/heater cores.

Comment

Surf AC

Thanks for that Bushwacker.
            The AC pump not running from the switch does jump straight out at me like an electrical fault given that it runs when it's powered up although I didn't know about the AC clutch on these not engaging due to low gas pressure but the fact that it runs eliminates that one anyway as you point out.

Comment

Is my post invisible?

When you say "The AC pump not running from the switch does jump straight out at me" what the hell do you mean?

Comment

The AC pump not running from the switch

[snipped]

but the fact that it runs eliminates that one anyway
                It can either run or it can't. Which one is it, and have you actually paid *any* attention whatsoever to what is *actually* written above by Bushwhacker and Albannach? It appears not.

Comment

Working...
                X