Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel problem

Hi guys,
    I've posted on here before about having a turbo problem, in that my truck has absolutely no power, no speed or anything, just completely gutless and the green turbo light has never lit up under load since I have owned the truck. I have come to my own conclusion that it isnt the turbo thats knackered, and no, it isnt the vacuum pipe going on to the turbo sensor. However, I believe that I have a fuel leak from the injector pump and that my truck is under-fuelled. I compared it to a mates truck, which, when the throttle is pressed hard and suddenly, coughs out a bit of smoke indicating the excess "dump" of fuel, but mine just revs up fairly slowly, and takes about twice the time for the revs to drop back down to idle speed..... Could this be a cause to loss of power in the truck, perhaps if air is getting in too? Is there anyway I can increase the fuel supply?
    Has anybody got any other suggestions as to why the truck is so flat and gutless and cant even switch the green turbo light on?!
    I would really appreciate it since I seem to have worn out all the suggestions on the air/turbo side, including the various vacuum pipes and where they go to!
    Many thanks

has your mate got a 2.4 aswell.If so see if you can try his ecu in your truck to see if that makes a difference.If not then i have one here you can try if you want to cover postage.Is your truck auto or manual
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

yea, he has virtually the same truck as me, 1990, G reg, manual, 2.4 What makes you think it could be the ECU? I'm not questioning your knowledge, just interested to know as i know bugger all about ECU's!! In fact, where is it found?!
      Cheers

Comment

The ECU is in the passanger footwell left hand side, take off the plastic trim, Are you getting any engine check lights ??? if the ECU was faulty you would get quite a few.

Have you removed the 90 degree rubber inlet pipe from the turbo to check that the impellor is turning, are the bearings ok.

It may be that the boost control on the pump has been turned down, possibly to get the emission's down for an MOT. This is under the metal cap on top of the pump, it is locked with a 10m nut slacken this and turn the screw clockwise no more than 7 clicks. and retighten the lock nut.

It could also be that the injectors are due for change or clean.

Good Luck
        IT's not how you get in it . IT's how you get out.

Comment

I know im at risk of being shot down but it sounds just like mine was and when dug deep the timing had slipped not 1 but 2 teeth new cam belt and it runs great lovely green turbo light and some power Just thought i would stick my 2 pennies in.
          Me........... NEVER

Comment

Ok, I dont have any engine check lights but I did flash codes on the truck the other day and the only thing that came up was throttle position sensor and coolant sensor, could this be relevant?
            As for the injectors, they should be getting tested early next week, and yes, I have checked the turbo impeller, and it seems fine, and there is no play in it!
            what exactly does this "boost screw" look like and where exactly do I look for it, is it fairly easy to locate and access?
            I thought about the timing, but the truck ran like it since I have owned it and it has had a cam belt change in the mean time so I hope the timing would be spot on, but it will be investigated!
            I really appreciate the help!

Comment

Working...
            X