Start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now i have a wiard prob!! a week ago i tried to start the car but batteries where dead so i replaced them with two good second hand batteries,no in the morning the car starts immediatly but as soon as i drive it even for a little while when i go to restart it it almost drains the batteryes cranking the engine before it fires up.
    i assumed the prob was wiht alternator but as i checked the voltage on the batteries with engine running was 14.5, then i changed the batteries terminals that still did not cure it all earth cables seem ok! i was going to change glowplugs but as in the morning on cold start is fine i decided against, now is doing my head in! can anyone help? glowplug fuse and relay are ok too!!!!

can anyone help??

hi guys i have been reading the other threads trying to shed som elight to my problem, i think my car is haunted!!!!!!! basically first thing in the morning the car starts immediatly , however as soon as i drive it and stop when i go to restart it, the engine will cranck till it almost kill the batteryes before it starts as if the alternator wasn t working and the batteries where going down! but if i leave it long enough to cool down(overnight ) it ll then start immediatly! voltage tells me alternator is working and in addition speedo stoppe dworking with the od light flishing! could this be connected?? reading the other threads i have read about some sort of udjustment in the pump ,should i be messing with this?? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by antonello View Post
      hi guys i have been reading the other threads trying to shed som elight to my problem, i think my car is haunted!!!!!!! basically first thing in the morning the car starts immediatly , however as soon as i drive it and stop when i go to restart it, the engine will cranck till it almost kill the batteryes before it starts as if the alternator wasn t working and the batteries where going down! but if i leave it long enough to cool down(overnight ) it ll then start immediatly! voltage tells me alternator is working and in addition speedo stoppe dworking with the od light flishing! could this be connected?? reading the other threads i have read about some sort of udjustment in the pump ,should i be messing with this?? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
      Are the second hand batteries the right amphour, it might be an idea to buy 2 new batteries, it could be something as simple as the fuel filter, if you have crap in it, it will drop to bottom of filter during night, then once running could mix in, have you changed the fuel filter, there is a code that will point you in the right direction, count the flashes, then search the forum for the thread with the info on, someone with a bit more knowlegable should put me right if the info is wrong.
      www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

cheers i will def try a new filter however the batteries seem good, even if i put jump leads from another car still wan t start, someone suggested a lazy starter motor that is not cranking the engine fast enough, could this be possible???

Comment

Check that the battery connections are tight, especially the earths.
          Unscrew the fuel filler cap and listen for a hissing sound, you could have a blockage in the tank breather.

Comment

80 amp fuse for the glowplugs
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

starter contacts

I think starter contacts or earths are the most likely they will take the strength out of the starter, I know you said you checked the earths but next time it doesn't want to start run a jump lead from the engine to the battery negative (as if an extra earth) and see if that makes any impression, then you can be sure. Mine looked fine but this showed the problem.
              Darren
              Last edited by Darren; 27 October 2009, 10:19.

Comment

today i have had a new fuel filter fitted and tried the extra lead trick, still hard to start!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Have you tried removing the fuel filler cap before you turn it over? Are the battery connections sound and making good, clean contact? Is it turning over at normal speed to start with but just not firing? Have you checked for fuel leaks around the injector pump and injectors once warm?

Comment

Problem Solved!

FINALLY AFTER HOURS OF SEARCH ... i realised it was a faulty sensor!!! temperature sensor!

Comment

Working...
                    X