Turbo Boost non-existent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo Boost Pressure Sensor

Hi Nev. Long delay in responding. Not fixed orange light prob. Don't know if left -ve batt lead off long enough. Put all back the way it was with no turbo and no light came on. Put turbo back on line and back it comes. Another clue is that 1st thing in morning when stone cold freezing and put foot down hard the orange light doesn't come on. It's only when at op temperature and put foot down hard does it happen. If I don't rev hard but accelerate moderately all is ok. The old bus certainly purrs along quite happily at 70 and will hit 90+. She wouldn't go above 40 uphill before - a nuisance cos I lived at 45 - sorry about the joke. I understand about the diagnostics and have seen some codes mentioned here. How do I get a diagnostics machine other than going to a Toymotor dealer? They charge £100 just for opening up and putting the kettle down in this part of Cornwall. Hope someone reads this that has one and is not too far away from me - I live near Newquay. Cheers for now. Hope all is ok with you. Are you still chilling out in France? Am hoping to chill in 32 degrees in Spain near Almeira over Christmas. My woman bought a caravan on an all-Brit site out there. Was hoping to move out for 6 months but have to wait for dog's rabies injection to show succesful. Again cheers for now. - Dave

Comment

mornin! dont need a machine just a paperclip......and this.......http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...codes...thanks to bibs who posted the link .......too early for the search button lol
      The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Turbo Boost Pressure Sensor

Cheers Wiggy and to Bibs. Will be giving it a crack asap. Ta again.

Dogz

Comment

Cheers Guys this thread has just saved the monkeys at my local franchised garage from having to go to A&E to get a Hilux Surf removed from somewhere its not supposed to fit!
          Last edited by Beegee; 6 November 2010, 02:18. Reason: whoops missed a word

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
            Pic added.

Nev
            Hi folks,

Got the same issue on mine the hose is just hangin out.. So judging by this I need to connect it to the sensor? or a pipe bleow the sensor?
            I'll have a dig later on and will feedback.

Thanks all

Comment

Hi all,

Phew … turbo sorted now and was unbelievably easy that I beat some grease monkey’s in resolving it using the same method explained above. Honest to God four mechanics have missed this simple hose reconnection, I really thought it was something major and most of them advised me to invest in a new fuel pump cos the current issue is due to a fault within the pump. So I went ahead and bought a second hand fuel pump and was hesitant to give it to any of them to fit it, this is why I have a post in this forum looking for a good mechanic within the Manchester area “given someone’s contact through that post but was unable to get in touch”.
              Went ahead yesterday in my lunch break and reconnected that hose and the turbo came on like a dream, took the car for a run and that was the most enjoyable drive in months, just noticed on the other dial I don’t know what it’s called “the one next to the speedo which count the revs maybe”. I noticed it drops after reaching 3 even if going over 50 km, it’s always between 2 and 3 and seems to try and go up but loses power had this issue when the booster was disconnected but still persists now. Any ideas chaps?

Many thanks to all and to NiftyNev and the post owner

Comment

Originally posted by Surfdude93 View Post
                Hi folks,

Got the same issue on mine the hose is just hangin out.. So judging by this I need to connect it to the sensor? or a pipe bleow the sensor?

Thanks all
                Hello guys,

I ve got a 3.0 lt TD Surf, Am i supposed to have a green light also on my dashboard? Also is it the same configuration with the cables on this photo?

cheers,

Novice but excited

Comment

Originally posted by Surfdude93 View Post
                  Hi folks,

Thanks all
                  Hello gents,

Is it the same configuration for a 3.0 liter TD also?

thanks in advance,

Vasilios

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
                    mornin! dont need a machine just a paperclip......and this.......http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...codes...thanks to bibs who posted the link .......too early for the search button lol
                    Hello mate,
                    this link is not working anymore.. Do you have a new one with similar info. I wanna know how to do it and a list of the codes.
                    Thank you very much in advance,

Vaso

Comment

Originally posted by alalas View Post
                      Hello mate,
                      this link is not working anymore.. Do you have a new one with similar info. I wanna know how to do it and a list of the codes.
                      Thank you very much in advance,

Vaso
                      Here you go pal have fun http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=62
                      The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                        Pic added.

Nev
                        HEllo mate,

I have a 3.0 TD Surf and had a similar problem, ended up to b ethe breather pipe under the turbo sensor to be disconnected... My mechanic superglued the inlet and put the hose back in but the inlet keeps breaking due to the pressure...
                        He told me that it will keep doing it and I nee to buy a new turo sensor just for the inlet..It will keep breaking. Is it different than the 2.4 turbo sensor?

Comment

Working...
                        X