paint from milners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint from milners

Those spray cans milners sell, i.e. the grey and the red ones, are they the same match as the red/ grey metalic on my 2.4? It's the factory toyota 1991 on a 'J' plate. Only I have a scuff on my grey wheeel arches, and was thinking of touching them up.
    Born a free spirit

You'll need to look under the bonnet at the plate at the back and see what the paint code is. That way you'll get the right ones.

To my knowledge they are a pretty good match but bear in mind that paint fades and changes at different rates depending on how much sun and overall age so there's no way it can be exact but it'll be close!

Hope this helps,

Ray.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
      You'll need to look under the bonnet at the plate at the back and see what the paint code is. That way you'll get the right ones.

To my knowledge they are a pretty good match but bear in mind that paint fades and changes at different rates depending on how much sun and overall age so there's no way it can be exact but it'll be close!

Hope this helps,

Ray.
      Thanks ray, I think it'll be ok if it's pretty close, as the scuff is just a linear line on the edge of the arch, it's mostly fine apart from that little scuff. But it's gone down to the white base coat underneath. I do lots of spraying on my classic VW's, so I'm a dab hand at it, but want to keep the bottom half on my surf metallic Grey if possible without having to do the whole lot, for on thing I don't want to lose the surf stickers on the bottom of the doors

I'm going to do the top half completely though, but haven't made up my mind which colour yet.
      Born a free spirit

Comment

If you did want to 'do it properly' as you are a dab hand and good at this sort of thing then you can get the paint from a number of places in a bottle and spray it with your own equipment.

eBay is a good source for the replacement stickers so you'd be able to repaint the doors in both colours and then re-sticker it so it's good as new!

Again, all you need is the paint code and helpful garage and you're away.

Thanks,

Ray.
        I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Just get it muddy - then you can't see the scratches
          My other cars a QUAD
          (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
          http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
            If you did want to 'do it properly' as you are a dab hand and good at this sort of thing then you can get the paint from a number of places in a bottle and spray it with your own equipment.

eBay is a good source for the replacement stickers so you'd be able to repaint the doors in both colours and then re-sticker it so it's good as new!

Again, all you need is the paint code and helpful garage and you're away.

Thanks,

Ray.
            too be honest i've done loads in ordinary cellulose paint, and in ordinary 2k, but never ventured on to doing metallic in either. I,ve never needed too, as most of my customers want it done as cheap as possible, and metallic paint is that much dearer with the lacquer.

I guess it's no different, you've just got to spray the base coat on, then the lacquer straight after, get the timing wrong though and it peels off, which can be a expensive mistake. Hmmm will have to ponder that one. Thanks for the info though.
            Born a free spirit

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
              Just get it muddy - then you can't see the scratches
              Must admit I've always wanted to do hard core off roading, but cant afford the constant repairs to my vehicle. A spot of green laneing is all I dare go too.
              Born a free spirit

Comment

Working...
              X