Problems After Injector Pump Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems After Injector Pump Change

So iv spent all my spare time in the last few days replacing the injector pump on my 1992 2.4 Surf with a brand new injector pump, got everything back together and it runs and im so happy. Now for tha bad part, i take it for a drive everything is fine for 3 mins and then it starts beeping at me constantly all my lights on my dash are on i have no brakes no power streering and its over heating. Im so lost no idea whats going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ed

Did you put all the belts on right?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Sounds to me like there's no belts fitted.

Dash lights, alternator.
      No power steering, pump.
      No brakes, vac pump.
      Overheating, waterpump.

ALL driven by belts.

Hope this helps.

Gman.
      If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Yup its almost definetly a belt problem.Are you sure they are fitted and tensioned correctly?

Comment

all belts are fitted and tensioned. everything seems fine. very confused will look at it again when i get off work.

Comment

You say all the belts are fitted and tensioned, but, overheating aside, everything that's belt driven has failed. Go look again.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

If the belts are ok make sure they are all turning what they should. If not them maybe you have a dud harmonic balancer and it's slipping. All are driven from the crank.

Nev
              Last edited by NiftyNev; 19 July 2009, 00:11.

Comment

the alternator/vacuum pump and water pump are driven off the balancer/damper pulley but power steering is off the front part that bolts to it which would mean for everything to fail the bottom pulley would have had to come off the crank completely!!

Comment

Hmmmm is the key there for the pully ????
                  ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                    Hmmmm is the key there for the pully ????
                    Good thinking.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                    X