whats yours rev at

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats yours rev at

my surf revs at 3500 at 70 mph is that right? because craiglux as got the same issue i thought i would see what all yours rev at?? have been told could be head gasket as i could be loosing compression what do you think or is it just the way its geared???? like to know all your veiws??
    CHEERS JOHN................

Originally posted by slim
    my surf revs at 3500 at 70 mph is that right? because craiglux as got the same issue i thought i would see what all yours rev at?? have been told could be head gasket as i could be loosing compression what do you think or is it just the way its geared???? like to know all your veiws??
    Mine does 70MPH @ 2500RPM and 80MPH @ 3000RPM. I reckon its time to do a Sticky/Poll on this one.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Mine revs at about 3000 for 70mph but I do have some outrageous roof bars on for surfboards, so not exactly the most aerodynamical vehicle.

Comment

I'm about the same as Phil but I have big tyres on, so 50mph on the clock is really 55mph, so what does that make it at 70? - 77? der, sorry too late and two beers to many
        ED: had a blast down the A13 the other morning and the surf wouldnt rev above 3.5k with the OD on, the indicated speed was 90mph so with the diferences to tyre sizes I recon thats just about 100mph flat out.
        Last edited by Woodie; 9 June 2004, 10:59.
        ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

Working...
        X