Starting problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting problems.

Used the Surf last week, started no problem at all, sat for about 8 days on a slight gradiant, now will not start, checked forum, then removed pipe from filter to pump, no diesal coming out when i hand pump, had a spare housing and filter so changed the lot, still no fuel coming through, half a tank of fuel so have not run out. checked tank connections, fuel showing at both return and supply, now stumped, will have another look now but any suggestions welcome.
    www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Remove the filler cap and then pump the primer on top of the filter assembly.

Comment

Hi Bushwhacker, tried that, did not work either, i was going to disconnect the pipes from the tank and filter and blowing them through with an airline,after that i do not know so any clues welcome,
      Last edited by greecysurf; 27 June 2009, 23:12. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Just a thought but is the replacement primer ok aswell
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

There's a small gauze type filter on the end of the pick-up tube in the tank, maybe thats clogged due to sediment after being left for so long.

Whats the quality of Greek diesel?

Comment

Hi Richard, thats my next plan of attack, it was ok when i removed it from my spare surf, so will get another one and try that, its bugging me because i have never had a starting problem with the surf before, it was running fine, came home parked in usual place. Now no fuel getting to filter.

Comment

Thanks Bushwhacker, will give it a go, any way of getting to it easily, or is it a tank of job.

Comment

Originally posted by greecysurf View Post
                Thanks Bushwhacker, will give it a go, any way of getting to it easily, or is it a tank of job.
                I think there's a removable plate under the rear seat to access the sender unit/tubes.

Comment

Thanks again Bushwhacker, will have a look see and post back later, Greek diesal is normally very good, not had any problems with it yet.

Comment

Had to start it the unconventional way, blew air through pipes and cleaned them out, still no joy, removed panel under back seat, thats seems to be for checking the brake pipes, as sender and pickup no where near, got under surf removed flexi pipe blew air through reattached, still no joy, arm ache from pumping primer, got the hump big time,, differant approach, removed return pipe from pump, shot some compressed air down it, hand primer got tight, done everything back up, bugger started first turn of key,, so into garage tomorrow for new sender pipe and fuel lines as one is leaking presure somewhere, service as well while she is there me thinks,

Comment

Working...
                    X