Clunk when turning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clunk when turning

I have identified the problem, but do not know what it is called, and can't find the camera.

2.4 93 surf

just behind the drivers side wheel is some form of ball joint, a rod comes from the rear of the vehicle and bends behind the wheel and connects onto a ball joint that then goes vertically down and connects to the wishbone area. The rubber bushes have all degraded.

Anyone got a suspension diagram, or know what its called, is it safe to drive until I can get it done.

Thanks again to all

Tim

Originally posted by Tim
    I have identified the problem, but do not know what it is called, and can't find the camera.

2.4 93 surf

just behind the drivers side wheel is some form of ball joint, a rod comes from the rear of the vehicle and bends behind the wheel and connects onto a ball joint that then goes vertically down and connects to the wishbone area. The rubber bushes have all degraded.

Anyone got a suspension diagram, or know what its called, is it safe to drive until I can get it done.

Thanks again to all

Tim
    Hi Tim

This is the Stabiliser Bar Link.There is one each side.The rubber bushes at bottom are replaceable.If the top Ball Joint is worn then this is non repairable.Only available from Toyota down here as they are different to other Aussie Hi- lux vehicles which have bushes top and bottom.I need new ones as well.Best to replace both at same time.Not dangerous to drive like this but may cause more damage.

Neville

Comment

Clunk when turning

Thanks Nevelle, managed to get a photo
      is this the bit you are describing.

Thanks Tim
      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, its the antiroll bar link.

Toyota should be able to supply a bush kit for a 4Runner, or try Milners or Roughtrax

Undo the link from the sway bar if it bothers you, or leave it be, won't cause any harm, it'll just slid up and down the hole.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          Toyota should be able to supply a bush kit for a 4Runner, or try Milners or Roughtrax
          No dont go with Milners one, the kit doesnt have the proper vertical bolt with the ball joint at the top, their bolt is a simple bolt and is probably a minor difference in the spec of a US runner and a surf.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
            No dont go with Milners one, the kit doesnt have the proper vertical bolt with the ball joint at the top, their bolt is a simple bolt and is probably a minor difference in the spec of a US runner and a surf.
            Just checked a 4Runner rear bar I have in the garage, has the same ball joint, so a Toy Dealer UK 4Runner would be correct.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks

Hello all

I've been away all week, thanks to those who replied, good advice as ever.

Tim

Comment

Working...
              X