Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razo

Hi Everyone,

Ive just bought my first Surf, a 2.4 TD on a J plate. Must say, its a cracking piece of kit. But I do have a question. Fixed to the top of the steering rack cover is a small box (2" X 3"), its called a RAZO. It has two buttons, the left one says POWER (this is the main on/off button, and the one on the right says MAIN. There is an LCD display showing the number 3.

I have no idea what it does as there appears to be not change to the power or noise whether the gadget is on or off.

Also, with the gadget turned on, the engine does not turn off, you can turn the engine off, and remove the keys, but the engine keeps running. Then with the engine still running, the display makes a bleeping sound, and very slowly counts down from 3, 2, 1 and then L. After the letter L has been displayed for about 20 seconds, the engine turns off.

Do any of you guys have any ideas.

Hi mate,

Sounds like a turbo timer, it allows the turbo to
    cool down after a run, it saves the oil and water
    boiling away from the bearings. try pressing the brake
    pedal and see what happens, it should stop the engine.
    Hope this helps.

Gman
    If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Hi Grassman,

Thank you for the info. The Razo actually turns itself off when you release the handbrake. Im assuming thats to prevent anyone from driving off it.

Comment

Originally posted by ponana View Post
        Hi Grassman,

Thank you for the info. The Razo actually turns itself off when you release the handbrake. Im assuming thats to prevent anyone from driving off it.

Thats correct .......Lurch had on in his , he might be able to tell you more
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

As what they all said, number 1 should all you need after a run.2 & 3 run on longer if you forget something and need to pop back in doors for something. You can even lock it up and walk away.
          Working at last.......

Comment

Working...
          X