X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 td engine noises

hey all
    i have a 1990 surf 2.4td
    the other day we were 4wding and i randomly started making a loud rattling noise. after about a few seconds of makeing this noise it stoped. after about another 15 min of driving it came back again and since then it has continued.
    i'm not sure what this noise is as i don't know much about deisels but i idles like their is nothing worng...... the only noticable difference is that it seems to have a bit less power.
    any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated
    cheers

your description is a bit vague,where does the noise seem to be coming from,i.e front of engine ,top of engine,bottom etc,is there any smoke from the exhaust when it starts knocking? whats the oil pressure like? when was the last time it was serviced???i.e oil filter cam belt etc.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

engine noise

yeah sorry mate um aparrently the timing belt was changed just before i bourght it as well as serviced which was 6 months ago um the oil is pretty average thorugh and thee noise to me sounds like it is coming from the top from some where from half way back to the front um it idles fine. but it does seem to have a little less power and when you accelerate it blows a bit more smoke

i hope this helps
      cheers

Comment

engine noise

yeah and sorry the oil pressure is no different than it always was it sits fine and with more revs it goes up a bit

Comment

sounds to me like it could be the shims on the cam.or the injectors.put some atf in a new fuel filter and drive it like you stole it and see if that makes a difference.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
          X