Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Thinking Time!

Ok

Honest un-biased opinions required, I have a Hreg SSR - ltd that is immaculate!. However i have just had to put a new head and related gubbins on at a cost (in parts) of £1100.

I am now absolutely brasic! and need the car to get to college and p/t work. Is it likely that she will over heat again or should the new head (roughtrax) and ancillaries (toyota) have cured the curse of the surf? I mean is the problem related to the workings and design of the surf or just the head?

If i suffer another knock to the pocket like the last im gonna have to sell her for scrap (and buy a fiesta) so i wonder whether i should cut my losses and sell while the going is good because at some stage she's going to blow her head again, or do i stick with her because shes a known quantity with the crux of the problem cured and work at loosing the paranoia?

Its a hard one, i love her so, but she treats me so rough!

Nipper

was it a brand new head or recon
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

you dont have a choice only to stick with it. If you sold it 2moro and it went upside all over again I could be wrong but your vendee would have a good case to look for his money back so keep it and let the confidence build and then you wont wanna sell anyway coz you'll be drivin thru ice coverd tracks 2 ft deep and mud a foot deep and over hills you dont belong on and and and.....mmm cider

Comment

if its a new head you should be fine. like jiml said let your confidence grow & you'll be fine
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

Cheers Guys

Cheers Guys

just needed a bit of the old moral what not, Yep brand new head!
          JimL i think i owe you a keg or two of the old apple nectar, bearing in mind all your help so far!

and thanks for the warning Marky, funny enough i bought her off a guy only 3 months ago! in Withering but i dont have the time or the energy to go to court (believe me i know the hassle i am a student solicitor in commercial litigation, ironic huh!) [nb !unemployed!....any solicitors on the forum fancy a trainee?,,,,prob not]

Chances are he did not even know, he had only had her 6 months from import, he bought them and sold them on as a (tax free) ' hobby'.

Well i will try to let the old confidence come back!

P,S, you boys are probably the best people to try this idea on, In the summer i am a manager at one of the Largest waterski,wakeboarding sites in europe and i was thinking of throwing a bit of a Forum BBQ bash get everyone down to put motors/faces to names etc would you guys be game? Its in surrey just off the M25 Chertsey (i know manchester is a long way marky?)

Food for Thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Nipper
            Cheers Guys

P,S, you boys are probably the best people to try this idea on, In the summer i am a manager at one of the Largest waterski,wakeboarding sites in europe and i was thinking of throwing a bit of a Forum BBQ bash get everyone down to put motors/faces to names etc would you guys be game? Its in surrey just off the M25 Chertsey (i know manchester is a long way marky?)

Food for Thought!
            At Thorpe Park is it?.

I think people would be game for this.

With a new head on as well, if it was a new one then you should be fine. I fitted a new head to mine last year and have done considerable mileage since then without problem (touching wood now).

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
              At Thorpe Park is it?.

I think people would be game for this.
              Yep, start a new thread on it to find out what the interest would be.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Gonna look at dates

Just looking at dates etc. the site is right next to thorpe park (they sold us their lakes)

I will Try and get it to coincide with the uxbridge event.

I will post new thread when i have exact details!

Nipper

Comment

Never know I might be up and running by then, hope so

Comment

Originally posted by Nipper
                    Just looking at dates etc. the site is right next to thorpe park (they sold us their lakes)

I will Try and get it to coincide with the uxbridge event.

I will post new thread when i have exact details!

Nipper

Oooh handy for us... we're from Purley... where 'bouts are you..???
                    Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Good Idea !

Its a really good idea, i know manchester is a bit far but im glad everything has worked out fine. so now its time to enjoy it.
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                      X