yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf is dead, any ideas on cost of repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf is dead, any ideas on cost of repair?

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help with a little info.

My surf is dead, it limped home after cutting out a few times. The oil pressure was low for a while and I totally neglected the car in terms of, well everything. Stupid I know, and now I have a non working car on the drive. I'm not too gutted as she's taken me accross Europe and back, twice, and around the UK a load of times.

Prior to breaking down, it started rattling like a good 'un and knocking under the engine.

I'm guessing the crankshaft and all that stuff down there is knackered, anyone know roughly what I'm looking at £'s wise to get the new crankshaft, associated bits and labour on top?

I want to see if it's worth getting fixed, or if it's time to say goodbye. I could really do with a working Surf again, they are the best.

Many thanks,

Dom
    problems? i'll take 'em.

Hi Dom.It may pay to go to Toyota and get new if you can or speak to Stevo at the engine co. in Stockport and see if he can help you out,Other than that try one of the breaker here with 2.4's.I've got no 2.4 spares here at all so i can't help with any at the mo.Have you done a oil and filter change and also are you certain is the crankshaft.When the oil pressure on my 3.0l was low it caused the turbo to blow and rattle like a tin of nails
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

yeh speak to Stevo....
      One day at the time I guess..

Comment

got a good half a engine lol the head cracked so i replaced the engine in mine and im left with a short motor .....

Comment

Working...
        X