Crank Position Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crank Position Sensor

Need some advice! (nothing new there) Surf 2.4 head gaskett cracked so had it sorted, but on return of the car there is one hell of a piston knocking, timing out type noiseand the engine check light on constantly combined with a lack of power. Took it back to garage where I'm told its the crank position sensor which is located in the deisel pump which had not been touched during the engine rebuild and that they want a further £500 to sort it out. Excuse my ignorance of all things mechanical but seems a tad suspect to me but then my knoledgre of all things atuo motive is hopeless and it may be just bad luck. any one got any thoughts ?

I think the crank position sensor is behind the lefthand engine mount. The sensor in the diesel pump is for fuel pressure.

I don't really know coz I've never owned a car with an LT-E engine but I wouldn't have thought either of these sensors have a major effect on anything other than the exhaust emissions and speed stability at idle. Your problem is more likely to be that the garage has got the basic diesel pump timing wrong.
    Last edited by Elvz; 7 May 2004, 22:24.

Comment

Another mechanic talking S**T.Crank position sensor is just that and is located around where Elvz says.It is not in the fuel pump.Timing out is the most likely problem.Maybe someone close to you can help remove timing belt cover and check.Too far for me to come around.

Neville

Comment

Working...
      X