rh side caliper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rh side caliper

started to replace front discs for mot today got rhd side done but caliper is seized ,this is my second in 6months ,pads wouldnt go in with new disc two pots seized, so got clamp on . now joy anyhoo managed to break rigid pipe,put moleys on rubber pipe took caliper to vice ,bit of squeezing got three pots seated home after getting covered in fliud,soaked fourth with oil etc will work on it,can i get a service kit for caliper anyone have part numbers etc,havent done passengers side yet hopefully it will be a different story.....1993ssrx2.4

If they are seized then you shouldn't be pressing them in. This will only make things worse. If they don't go back in easily then they should be removed and checked for problems.

Kits are apparently rare over there but they are available. The same calipers are used on some Landcruisers. Try here -

http://www.brakesint.co.uk/home.html

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by theraeteam View Post
      started to replace front discs for mot today got rhd side done but caliper is seized ,this is my second in 6months ,pads wouldnt go in with new disc two pots seized, so got clamp on . now joy anyhoo managed to break rigid pipe,put moleys on rubber pipe took caliper to vice ,bit of squeezing got three pots seated home after getting covered in fliud,soaked fourth with oil etc will work on it,can i get a service kit for caliper anyone have part numbers etc,havent done passengers side yet hopefully it will be a different story.....1993ssrx2.4
      hi mate i got a cliper that i will take off my breaker 30 quid plus postage what do you call right side drivers or passenger
      cheers jay

Comment

caliper

cheers for the offer mate i got one from breakers yard for £25 , thanks for the offer, ill keep you in mind

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          If they are seized then you shouldn't be pressing them in. This will only make things worse. If they don't go back in easily then they should be removed and checked for problems.

Kits are apparently rare over there but they are available. The same calipers are used on some Landcruisers. Try here -

Nev
          there seems to be a comon problem here as my drives side brakes went asfter i fitted new pads to both sides. put the new pads on and it was pulling to the left when braking. so took off drivers side pads and kept pressing the brake peddle eventually the pistons popped one by one and did give them an oil etc and kept pushing them back in and pressing brake peddle to pop them back out. its OK now but still very slightly pulls to left if hard braking.

do you think it was a bit of dirt on the drivers side pistons as they were constantly out when had worn pads on and now pressed back in due to new pads the dirt has jammed them and after oiing / cleaning it is OK now or do you think i need to overhaul / replace them??
          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post

Nev
            Thanks for that link, I've just spoken to them and they will send me a repair kit, just as soon as their computers are back up and running. I'll let you know how I get on.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
              after oiing / cleaning it is OK now or do you think i need to overhaul / replace them??
              If you put oil on them then that may well be your problem. Lubricate seals with brake fluid only. If calipers are seizing then it's time for an overhaul. This should be done anyway on vehicles this old. Brake parts wear just like any other and a simple pad change is not enough.

Nev
              Last edited by NiftyNev; 19 March 2009, 00:28.

Comment

I've got the kit coming, tomorrow I hope. I thought I'd flush the system as well (it's been a couple of years since I last changed the brake fluid).
                Now I remember the wheel order NSR, OSR, NSF, OSF, I just can't for the life of me remember where the LSV comes into it, is it before the rears or after the rears.
                Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
                X