Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torgue settings for Head Bolts

Giddaye,

I have just bought a new cylinder head for my 2.4 2LT-E. Its a 1991 Landcruiser
    Does anyone know what the torque settings for the bolts on the cylinder head are?
    And also I got a new timing belt. Does anyone know the settings for this? where the marks are?

Please help.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...+bolt+sequence

http://toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/viewt...ghlight=torque

Nev

Comment

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/timingbelt.htm

Nev

Comment

thanks

hey cheers NEV!!!

Brilliant stuff, fantastic. One question though, If say a rummy wannabe mechanic who didnt mark the timing belt right. How would that bloke go about sorting that all out?

Comment

Originally posted by HSG Cruiser View Post
          hey cheers NEV!!!

Brilliant stuff, fantastic. One question though, If say a rummy wannabe mechanic who didnt mark the timing belt right. How would that bloke go about sorting that all out?
          Why would anyone mark anything on the bit they were going to throw away?
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Why would anyone mark anything on the bit they were going to throw away?
            Some do this, then match and transfer the marks across to the new belt. I never bother. providing you aligned the timing marks before you removed the belt all will be ok.

Nev

Comment

I found that when you buy a genuine Toyota belt,the timing lines are already on the belt although the pulleys should still be thoroughly checked and checked again.
              You can never be too careful and it's too expensive to mess up

Cheers
              Paul

Comment

Hi, Thanks for these Nev. One of the links says: 2nd stage 90 degrees and third stage 90 degrees. I know what they mean in that, after all bolts are torqued, you go round again twice and pull the bolts another 90 degrees.

My question is: when does the second and third stage happen? Just after torqueing you go round all the bolts again twice - or is it when the engine is warm, or at a later stage??

And another silly question. Are we absolutely sure that the correct torque value for the head bolts is 78Nm? (I would have expected it higher)
                (for example I was told by toyota some time ago that the torque for tightening wheel nuts on a surf was 110Nm)

Thanks for your help guys. Don't know how I'd manage to fix my Surf without this forum...

Rob
                Surf On!

Comment

Originally posted by robcismas View Post
                  My question is: when does the second and third stage happen? Just after torqueing you go round all the bolts again twice - or is it when the engine is warm, or at a later stage??
                  You do the second and third stage immediately.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                  X