Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch slave cylinder

Good morning.
    After searching for ages i have found nothing regarding this even in the service manuals ive found, so............Could somebody tell me please.

is the push rod from the clutch slave cylinder ment to still be in contact with the clutch lever when the clutch pedal is in the up position???, i can push the lever and push rod back into the cylinder about 10-15 mm with my fingers!

There is a small amount of free play at the pedal(as it should be)

i have bled the clutch but im thinking like there must be air or pressure still in the line to cause the push rod to remain out a little??.

Just to my mind i would have thought the push rod should be all the way back in the cylinder and allowing the clutch lever to be 'free' and under no pressure whatsoever.

or is this its normal resting place.

Originally posted by alexsurf View Post
    Just to my mind i would have thought the push rod should be all the way back in the cylinder and allowing the clutch lever to be 'free' and under no pressure whatsoever.
    With a slave cylinder of any form, when the arm/linkage the cylinder is moving is in its resting place, that's where the cylinders centre section will settle.

Comment

Thanks for the reply mate, but sorry, i dont understand what you saying

Comment

He said don't worry. Your slave cylinder is fine. The slave will have more return movement than required but under normal operating conditions will only return as far as the return mechanism will push it (the rod and piston) into the cylinder.

Nev
        Last edited by NiftyNev; 7 March 2009, 00:05.

Comment

I might add that as long as the slave cylinder is bled properly and clutch pedal travel adjusted properly, all will be ok.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
            I might add that as long as the slave cylinder is bled properly and clutch pedal travel adjusted properly, all will be ok.

Nev
            thanks buddy, that all makes sence, i just wasn't sure how much pressure the slave piston should be pressing against the clutch lever when at rest.
            I thought it may not be allowing the clutch plate to full release causing a tiny bit of clutch slip.

looks like its new clutch time oh Rolloxs! lol

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
              He said don't worry. Your slave cylinder is fine.

Yup. What Nev said.

Comment

Working...
              X