No announcement yet.

Fault Finders Needed!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well folks, the sceptics were right. Its nothing to do with the EGR. Clutching at straws I guess.
    Injector guy is coming over to have a look, the engine is all bolted together, enough to run the head and block and the clatter and black smoke is still there.
    Injectors or pump???
    We'll see.
    Awaiting a huge bill for this, and feeling pretty crap about it all.

Any ideas on price for injectors or where I might get them from?

cheers
    Ronnie

Comment

knocking

Originally posted by whitespider
      Well folks, the sceptics were right. Its nothing to do with the EGR. Clutching at straws I guess.
      Injector guy is coming over to have a look, the engine is all bolted together, enough to run the head and block and the clatter and black smoke is still there.
      Injectors or pump???
      We'll see.
      Awaiting a huge bill for this, and feeling pretty crap about it all.

Any ideas on price for injectors or where I might get them from?

cheers
      Ronnie

Get your garage to check that the Diesel Leak off pipe is clear and that the two tiny holes in the aluminium washers under the leak off pipe are not blocked. If the injectors can't leak back then you will get excess fuel injected into the cylinder and it can create a heavy diesel knock and excessive smoke ( usually light grey in colour and makes your eyes sting ).

Cheers Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by whitespider
        Injectors or pump???
        We'll see.

My monies on the injectors.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

washers with 2 tiny holes: part number 23654-64010 £3 for the 4

smaller gasket washers which nozzle head seats onto: part no. 11177-64010 £3 for the 4

then theres a larger ring size copper washer which the injector body seats onto which I couldnt get the part no for from the diags

(when I took out my injectors I only fished 3 of the smaller washers out of the holes)

Comment

Working...
          X