Tailgate Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgate Motor

Hi all, after reading untold posts on this subject, i decided to remove motor and swap rear n/s motor, i have had a great degree of success with the rear n/s motor, now my tailgate window does not stick, so i have greased up all the runners and moving parts and see how we go.
    I do seem to have a problem getting the spare motor into the rear n/s door though, does anyone have any suggestions on this matter, for the love of me i just cannot seem to get the motor back into its original position!
    Have left it for now but as such it leaves me with a window that can drop down quite easily!
    93 k reg 2.4 td btw Ln130
    Geeman

does that mean that the rear passenger side window motor is the same as the tailgate window motor??? as this could be extrmemly usefull as i cannot find a cheap tailgate window motor anywere!!!

thanks

Comment

the both n/s motors will fit in the tailgate and the o/s will fit by turning it 180 degrees.
      the motors from a celica,corolloa and hiace are also the same as the surf as long as they are about the same age vehicle
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        the both n/s motors will fit in the tailgate and the o/s will fit by turning it 180 degrees.
        the motors from a celica,corolloa and hiace are also the same as the surf as long as they are about the same age vehicle
        I got mine out of an 03 avensis took it out of the passenger side the ony difference was the wiring connector on the end if your ole window motor is knackered chop it off of the ole motor (near the motor end) with plenty of tails then chop off the new connector and solder or through crimp the ole connector on the new motor. its now a joy to watch it go up and down good tip is to clean the rubber runners and apply some silicone lubricant.

Chris

Comment

Just FYI, there is also a relay that controls that motor... it's in the left hand side wall behind the body panel. If the switch is still good and the motor is still good (i.e. ran up/down with ok speed and strength but suddenly stopped working or worked intermittently), that might be the culprit. I think I got the solution from the Aus site, and eventually found a relay for the circuit panel that was buggered.

Comment

Working...
          X