Power Steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Steering

the steering on my 92 Hi-Lux Surf went HEAVY! I guessed it was the power steering, scoured the forum earlier today, seemed likely to be the belt. so bonnet up had a shufty, sure enough the belt was very slack, not so bad I thought, having read up on earlier posts (cheers Everybody) I checked the condition of the belt looked to be fine. I thought this won't be too bad at all a bit of sweatin' 'n' swearin' and I'll have it fixed, again going on previous posters advice, I have Air con so I steeled myself for 30mins or so of the aforementioned s 'n' s as I was not going to have easy access due to the air con rad.upon further inspection it appeared that one of the bolts was missing no problem I thought I'll take one of the others out nip down to my local motor parts shop and get a new one. 3 hours and bruised knuckles with lumps out of them later I can confirm the access is tight and I roundly cursed the inscrutable Japanese nation in particular Toyota Engineers! anyhoo I am deeper in doo doo than I naivley anticipated, I have discovered that one of the bolts has sheared leaving the stud in the body of the pump.
    it looks like the pump is gonna have to come off any advice or help please would be greatly appreciated
    TIA

all I can offer is that if you could build up the sheared bolt with a welder you could probly undo it then, hairy enough where theres no room I'd say

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
      all I can offer is that if you could build up the sheared bolt with a welder you could probly undo it then, hairy enough where theres no room I'd say
      Thank You for your idea you got me thinking as you say hairy enough where theres no room but maybe I can try building up some metal compound or similar I could undo it from that
      cheers

Comment

Working...
      X