No 4WD since engine re-build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No 4WD since engine re-build

Ever since I re-built my engine I've not been able to get 4WD to work.(Worked fine b4)
    This is what happens, stop truck, click switch, light comes on, begin to move, get upto about 5kph and light goes out, carry on and light stays out, get off the gas and light immeidiately comes on, get back on gas and light goes out, this happens no matter what speed I'm doing and I tried it on the slipperry stuff with no result either.

I found a hole in the vacuum hose going from top of gearbox to what I assume is the 4WD actuator(on back of transfer case?) replaced this and still no joy.

It occurrs to me that I may have got a couple of the vacuum hoses mixed up when putting the engine back in.

Has anyone got a schematic for the vacuum hoses on a 89 2.4L TD?

Any help appreciated
    Cheers
    Pete
    Life is not a dress rehearsal
    1996 3.0 SSR-G 5-speed
    (Auto's are for the indecisive!!)

The most common one left off is across the top of the engine. It is rubber tube either side of the engine but connects to a small metal tube that runs over the top of the engine, think it runs alongside the tube from the turbo and sits low down next to it.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

see if these are any help, may be slightly different locations in the first pic, as this is for a petrol motor....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony, I'll check it out tomorrow and see what gives.
        Koi, ALL the hoses are connected, just not sure if their going to where they should be, thanks tho!

BTW, Tony, do you have a schematic for the turbo circuit vacuum hoses?

Cheers
        Pete
        1996 3.0 SSR-G 5-speed

Comment

any of these anygood tor you
          Attached Files
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Cheers for the pics Marky, mines non-efi so there are quite a few differences from looking at your pics. Hopefully Simon will be in touch and I can go look at his lines as he's got the same model as me. Thanks for the effort tho.

Cheers
            Pete
            1996 3.0 SSR-G 5-speed

Comment

Our grey truck is non-efi, can snap some pics tomorrow.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

That'd be excellent! I particularly need details of the hose connections on the passenger side of the engine bay, as this is where I think I made the boo boo!
                1996 3.0 SSR-G 5-speed

Comment

Well I checked the 2 lines running from the sensors down to the diff housing, and no holes. BUT on the drivers side of the engine bay, there are two hoses that run through the wing into the vaccum tank, one of these lines(running from the turbo transfer) has an in-line filter, when I stop running the truck I can hear a hising sound, if I unplug the line at this filter, the hissing stops, also I can't blow through the filter, a mechanic said it was to absorb moisture but surely it needs to be able to have air pass through it? Or am I barking up the wrong tree? (or just plain barking?)

After running a few more tests, it seems I have got 4WD so must be a loose connection somewhere making the light flicker, time for Mr Multi-meter!
                  Last edited by Pete The Tart; 8 May 2004, 11:38.
                  1996 3.0 SSR-G 5-speed

Comment

Working...
                  X