Dead tacho - with photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead tacho - with photos

Hey there, I apologise first up.. I dont have an owners or service manual yet... I blew my budget for the next month or so just getting the surf!

Now.. to the chase;

Tacho dead... completely no movement at all. Also, on warmup the green & yellow turbo lights are on, once started they are never seen again

From what search yelded - green means happy boost... not sure yet about yellow!

I have found lose wires here are a couple (sorry she's a little messy down there, steam clean this weekend I hope)

also note the missing vacume hoses???

And at the bottom, (gravel guard had been removed but I have it in the boot along with the spotties).

Big thanks in advance!

I'm replying so this thread doesn't get lonely.

First, yellow turbo light? Got a pic?

Tacho dead: No idea. Those wires? I don't know what they are.

Missing vacuum hoses: Probably why your turbo isn't going. Or is it working but just not lighting up?

Comment

Start here -

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/turbovacuum.htm

Besides vacuum hoses you also appear to have VSVs missing as well. These are what control vacuum. These require wiring which I can't see in your pics. Looks like someone forgot to put half the parts back on the engine. The wiring being broken is probably the taco signal wiring. Impossible for me to sort out from down here with a few pics so have a look at another vehicle the same as yours if possible.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
        First, yellow turbo light? Got a pic?
        That would be engine check light.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          That would be engine check light.

Nev
          I thought it was red? Not that it matters...

Comment

Cheers guys, yep it's the orange LED on the right of the turbo text in the tacho.. sorry..

Had it in another river last night, slimy, soft rocks - a couple of feet deep - great fun! The turbo is definately boosting - as soon as the revs drop all power disappears real quick

I have it booked in at a machanic on Wednesday for a going-over.

Comment

Working...
            X