starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starter

dose the starter need an earth cable to it or dose it earth though the engine?

Originally posted by angliaalan View Post
    dose the starter need an earth cable to it or dose it earth though the engine?
    No seperate earth required, it uses the engine earth. btw did you sort the wiring out you asked about earlier?
    If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

starter

hi grassman

no i have not got any of the wiring sorted but i am going to have a look at a 3.0td tomorrow to see if it is anywhere similar. so this may help with the wiring as for the starter i have two wires on the top one is the heave one and a lighter one and i have put one to the bottom that's looks like the bolt is just an earth its quite a light wire so i am doubtful if it is heave enough to be an earth so i think it must go somewhere else but don't know where.
      i have the engine turning over but i don't think ti is firing but the glow plug are not connected so i am not surprised at that but i don't wont to connect wires to the wrong place and have a shot or blow something

Comment

Originally posted by angliaalan View Post
        hi grassman

no i have not got any of the wiring sorted but i am going to have a look at a 3.0td tomorrow to see if it is anywhere similar. so this may help with the wiring as for the starter i have two wires on the top one is the heave one and a lighter one and i have put one to the bottom that's looks like the bolt is just an earth its quite a light wire so i am doubtful if it is heave enough to be an earth so i think it must go somewhere else but don't know where.
        i have the engine turning over but i don't think ti is firing but the glow plug are not connected so i am not surprised at that but i don't wont to connect wires to the wrong place and have a shot or blow something
        The heavier cable is the starter feed, (from the battery)to the solenoid. The other is from the ignition switch, mine had a numbered tag on it, and it had a proper toyota connector. Be aware, there is also an earth connection from the bulkhead to the engine in that area, it fixes to the EGR manifold. If you get it wrong, the engine will start but run like a bag of spanners.

Hope this helps. G.man.
        If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Working...
        X