Help can't get in my Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help can't get in my Surf

Got in from work this evening and thought I'd do some work on the surf, but the key fob won't unlock the doors. Going to get a battery tomorrow and fingers crossed that'll sort it, as if I unlock them manualy the alarm goes off.

Originally posted by Dazza
    Got in from work this evening and thought I'd do some work on the surf, but the key fob won't unlock the doors. Going to get a battery tomorrow and fingers crossed that'll sort it, as if I unlock them manualy the alarm goes off.
    Old AA trick , and this is NOT a joke , is to place the key fob on your chin and press the the button . The skull , yours , is used as an aeriel to help the signal .

This has been used many times to open vehicles with flat keyfob batteries .

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I'll give it a go, but I just got a new battery and it's still not opening

Comment

do you have a spare key fob, what type of fob is it. May be worth taking it apart to see if its got dirt under the switch. Has the alarm got a manual override, key or key pad?
        Set the alarm off then try the remote, where is the alarm aerial check its not broken etc.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

I've only got the one fob unfortunatly, got new battery and all apears ok with buttons etc.. Also found what the little plug I have was for it's the over ride for the alarm, so I have turned it off. It's a cobra alarm and immobiliser now the alarm is off but I think the immobiliser is still functioning, I say think as I have no engine in at the mo, it's in bits in my shed! When it was working with the engine in you unlocked the doors with the big button on the fob then pushed the small button to do the immobiliser, if you turned the ignition on without pushing the small button an electronic noise sounded in the dash, I still get the noise. Got all my bits for the engine coming next week and hope to be able to start it, but might have to pay someone to disengage the immobiliser first. For now I'll stick to locking it with the key but still have to connect the battery to open the boot.

Comment

Working...
          X