Rear Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window

My rear window is not working and is stuck in the up position. Motor workd have taken this off and refitted. There appear to be no teeth mising on mechanism so would expect it to move a little but nothing. What the hell do i do now? any ideas please. Motor is K reg 2.4

Still rear window

Right here is what I have on so far:-

motor off cleaned and everything work ok
    re fitted no difference motor working but no window movement
    (not even with help)
    took motor off and fitted a couple of washers ( in case teeth on drive motor worn)
    On looking at the big cog, it looks as though this might be the problem. So how the hell do you dismantle all this from the inside with the window stuck up.

Comment

You need to remove the motor, lower the glass then open tailgate.
      Sounds like the rubber drive coupling insde the motor's gearbox has sheared.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        You need to remove the motor, lower the glass then open tailgate.
        Sounds like the rubber drive coupling insde the motor's gearbox has sheared.
        thanks for the reply bushwacker I have Checked all that and motor and drive working fine. how do you lower the window ?

Comment

Originally posted by pete27 View Post
          thanks for the reply bushwacker I have Checked all that and motor and drive working fine. how do you lower the window ?
          Put the key in the boot, turn and hold.

Or there;s a switch on the dash to the right of the steering wheel.
          http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel View Post
            Put the key in the boot, turn and hold.

Great thanks for the info I am aware of those solutions I am looking for a real one. how or where can I find infor on how to remove and replace window assembly. as I said motor is working and cog that drives has nor jumped its rubber. It looks as though the mechanism as some worn teeth. even if you try to help the window it doesnt move.

Comment

I'd try and give everything a damn good spray with Grease.

Try and free it up. Get in there with WD40 and some lubricating oil! Belts and braces!

Its possible its just dried up. The window motor has a fairly weak link in the form of the rubber shock absorber/spacer an i'd say it would separate before serious damage to the window mechanism was done.

You are 100% sure the motor hasn't separated?!

Mine to look at was fine. Even turning it by hand it didn't freely come apart. But with the weight of the window etc on it, It was knackered.

Im not 'aving a go and saying your an idiot or anything mate but they can be, Or at least in my case difficult to know it was definatly fecked.

Its only a case of drilling a couple of holes, tapping them and putting in some threaded bar if it is done, So no hardship.

Comment

Do the other windows work? It's just a thought, but have you pressed the button on the drivers side door that turns the windows off???

Just one thing to look at - these are all REAL solutions, just people going through their experience and step by step to try to help you out....
                Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

It gives me the proper arse when people come along acting like this is some kind of government service that they have a right to. People are trying to help and all this guy can do is complain that it's not good enough.

Writing clearly and using some punctuation might help...

Anyway, I'm guessing that what you're saying is that when you use the switches to lower the window, the relays are all working and the motor is whirring. So what happens then? Is the regulator (big metal thing that looks a bit like scissors) moving or not? If not, it's probably screwed and you need another one. Ask Stormforce or Supersurf if they have a breaker in and they might be able to sell you the part.

What is this 'big cog'? Got a picture?

If you need to get the regulator out, just prop the glass up with a bit of wood and take it out. Probably worth giving the whole lot a service whilst it's out.

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel View Post

Not in a 2nd gen there isn't.....
                    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Ok. sorry I forgot punctuation etc. And no not being arsey or complaining. All I wanted was what I usually get which is good sound advice from others on the forum. Now that I have that I am happy and will be able to look at repairing the problem. Sorry if it came across as though I was complaining I wasn't.
                      Just clarify I had checked all the obvious things and got nowhere, which as I am sure you will agree is frustating. Thanks to all those who provided info.

Comment

Working...
                      X