No announcement yet.

newbie 4wd problem with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there anyone hwo could confirm thats where the 4runner ecu is meant to be, I am about to phone the guy i bought off and lose my temper but need to have my facts right

Comment

Originally posted by iliketwopointeights View Post
      is there anyone hwo could confirm thats where the 4runner ecu is meant to be, I am about to phone the guy i bought off and lose my temper but need to have my facts right
      I'm pretty sure it is mate, seems odd that it would be elsewhere in the UK car.

I'd be polite to start with, may be an honest mistake, but may also be that he didn't know either....

If they don't have it, email me your address and I'll send you the one I've got (if I can find it) - if I can't find it, then Stormforce is your man for parts....

Don't worry, we'll look after you!
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

The thing is, its must have been removed for a reason. Maybe the front diff is knackered so they just removed it to stop anyone finding it. Realy ####ed off !!

Comment

The thing is, its must have been removed for a reason. Maybe the front diff is knackered so they just removed it to stop anyone finding it. Realy ####ed off !!
          Well, yeah, I've been trying to work out why you'd take that out - but if the diff were knackered, there are easier ways to turn off the ADD than taking that out....and surely you'd have issues when driving if you had problems with the diff???? Dunno...

Did you get it from a dealer?

Comment

No mate, it was just £700 toy to go offroading in. Unfortunately its useless to me with 4wd. I just spoke to him and he reckons it was all working before he had the engine rebuilt a year ago and never took it off road since. He says he is going to sort one out for me, he seems realy genuine we will see !
            How much would i pay for second hand one?
            ps, thanks for all the info, i will keep you posted on how i get on.

Comment

No mate, it was just £700 toy to go offroading in. Unfortunately its useless to me with 4wd. I just spoke to him and he reckons it was all working before he had the engine rebuilt a year ago and never took it off road since. He says he is going to sort one out for me, he seems realy genuine we will see !
              How much would i pay for second hand one?
              Lets hope he comes through - seems a bit odd to take that out when rebuilding the engine, but hey ho - if he sends it to you then great.

For a second hand one, dunno - what's it worth to you?

Comment

Does anyone know where i could get the part number for this part, most scrappies only have 2.4 surf, do you think its the same part as the 4runner 2.8D

Comment

Does anyone know where i could get the part number for this part, most scrappies only have 2.4 surf, do you think its the same part as the 4runner 2.8D
                  I think it's the same across the board, as the 2.4 and 3.0 ones are the same - but I've got one in my shed!!! I'll send it to you on Monday when the post office is open, then if it works we can work out a cost for it.....

Why aren't you watching the rugby BTW???

Comment

Wow that would be great !, the only thing is i just rang someone on ebay who had a 3.0l and he said it was a different part, defiantley worth a go though. Cheers
                    jos

Comment

Wow that would be great !, the only thing is i just rang someone on ebay who had a 3.0l and he said it was a different part, defiantley worth a go though. Cheers
                      jos
                      On our drive at one point I had 2 2nd gens, a 2.4 and a 3.0 and a 3.0 3rd gen, and they all look the same to me....

drop me your address and I'll send it over - at least you can try and see what happens...

Comment

89533-35100 is probably the 4WD control part number you need.

Can't find any info that would suggest it should be anywhere but the same place as a Surf.

Nev

Comment

It seems that tha 4WD control from the KZN and VN130 is the same as the LN131. The LN130 is a different part number.

Note that the above part number has superceded -35020 and -35021 so anything with these will be the same.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                            It seems that tha 4WD control from the KZN and VN130 is the same as the LN131. The LN130 is a different part number.

Note that the above part number has superceded -35020 and -35021 so anything with these will be the same.

Nev
                            Sorry mate, i havent got clue when it comes to anything other that Vw's. I guess LN131 is the model, does that mean it has to come from the same car or just the same generation e.g surf/hilux of a similar year

Comment

I guess LN131 is the model, does that mean it has to come from the same car or just the same generation e.g surf/hilux of a similar year
                              As long as the part number is 89533-35100, -35020 or -35021 it should be the right one. I hope someone with an LN131 4Runner can confirm this. This is a list of vehicles that should have the same.

Nev
                              Attached Files

Comment

The weird thing (and the reason no-one but Nev is chipping in) is that there are very few 2.8s in the UK (I think Surfenstein has one, may be worth a PM).

4runners did very badly here and I have never heard of a 2.8 4runner. Is it a re-badged Surf? It's kind of irrelevant, but I'm intrigued. Doe the V5 offer any clues?

Comment

Working...
                                X