Engine block cracked ? is it posible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine block cracked ? is it posible

Just a thought, i know it is possible but would a engine block crack between the bores and the water jacket, my head has gone, i thing but could it be the engine, im sure i read that Stevo said they don't go but i could be wrong, does anyone know of one going for sure.
    Roy
    When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

If water was getting into the bores from a cracked block, I doubt if the starter motor would turn the engine over.

Comment

I can't be arsed looking through all the posts in your other threads about this issue. The water has to go somewhere, if it's not coming out of the exhaust or anywhere else externally, it's in your oil. Have you checked that?
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        I can't be arsed looking through all the posts in your other threads about this issue. The water has to go somewhere, if it's not coming out of the exhaust or anywhere else externally, it's in your oil. Have you checked that?
        In my case its either the head, gasket or block, by the look of it, my question was, is it posible that it is the block, just to rule things out, from what i can remember Stevo said the blocks don't go on surfs, yet some say it could be the block, so im wondering if anyone has had one go on them.
        Roy

Comment

Originally posted by roylittle0 View Post
          In my case its either the head, gasket or block, by the look of it, my question was, is it posible that it is the block, just to rule things out, from what i can remember Stevo said the blocks don't go on surfs, yet some say it could be the block, so im wondering if anyone has had one go on them.
          Blocks can crack.

You didn't answer my question though. Have you checkd the oil?

Comment

Yes, many times
            Roy

Comment

mine was when i got it.it had a smallish crack between no's 2 and 3
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

on one of the 3.0l's i had here Roy.I fitted another head and the truck was running perfect apart from p155ing out oil.I did everything you have and couldn't find what the problem was.Sledge came down and we were going to drop the gearbox and put in a new crank shaft seal but we notice the oil was to far up the engine to be that seal.We came to the conclusion that the block had to of cracked and it only opened up when under pressure.
                It looked as if the block cracked on the back o/s where the head meets the block but just a bit lower down.I think there is an oil way right on that back corner of the block which went
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Yes, many times
                  Well, if it's not in the oil, not leaking and not coming out the exhaust, there is nowhere else for it to go. So it must be the water fairies right enough.

Comment

Working...
                  X