Vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmnn.... the plot thickens!!

Not too sure really. Wheel bearings are all sound?! wheels not lost any weights?!

not only from the front but sometimes on the back etc aswell?!

Comment

Would be inclined to think the same - but because I had it before on different wheels it realy is a mystery.
      How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Hmmmnnn...

I dunno!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
          Hmmmnnn...

I dunno!!

ha ha ha ha you're not alone matey.

Comment

Bibs,

From the description given you have probably got one or more seized UJ's on the rear propshaft. I had that a few years ago and Apache had the same thing very recently. If they've not been regularly greased then rather than wearing to cause play they will get stiffer and stiffer which causes the vibration as the joint cannot rotate smootly as it should.

When this happens there isn't any play, so garage will think they are OK. Only way to check is to take the prop off the car, then they will find out if it's seized as the joints will not rotate easily if it is. It's a fairly cheap and simple task to replace the UJ's and that should get rid of the vibration.
            Mike G

Comment

Yep. Mine and Chillitts both had the rear joint without a full range of movement. Get the prop off (5 minute job) and see if both ends have a full and smooth range of movement. If not, replace the UJ for that end (half an hour tops)

Cheap too. £10+VAT from Milner. Worked for me

Note. Regular greasing does not rule this out. The grease channels can get filled with shoite so one bearing may not be getting grease even though grease oozes from the joint when you get the gun on them.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Bibs your truck is a manual ain't it and if so and you need another prop i have got one from a 2.4 manual here.
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

weights can fall off wheels,it does happen,get them balanced

Comment

Totally different kind of vibration. I've had both, they dont compare.
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman View Post
                      Bibs,

From the description given you have probably got one or more seized UJ's on the rear propshaft. I had that a few years ago and Apache had the same thing very recently. If they've not been regularly greased then rather than wearing to cause play they will get stiffer and stiffer which causes the vibration as the joint cannot rotate smootly as it should.

When this happens there isn't any play, so garage will think they are OK. Only way to check is to take the prop off the car, then they will find out if it's seized as the joints will not rotate easily if it is. It's a fairly cheap and simple task to replace the UJ's and that should get rid of the vibration.
                      Right - will do. Cheers.
                      Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      Yep. Mine and Chillitts both had the rear joint without a full range of movement. Get the prop off (5 minute job) and see if both ends have a full and smooth range of movement. If not, replace the UJ for that end (half an hour tops)

Cheap too. £10+VAT from Milner. Worked for me

Note. Regular greasing does not rule this out. The grease channels can get filled with shoite so one bearing may not be getting grease even though grease oozes from the joint when you get the gun on them.
                      Will deff try it then if that's all.

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                      Bibs your truck is a manual ain't it and if so and you need another prop i have got one from a 2.4 manual here.
                      Yup tis - will let you know. Cheers

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                      weights can fall off wheels,it does happen,get them balanced
                      Deff not - but thanks.

Comment

i also got a 2.4 manual rad here aswell.Are there any manual parts that you may want as i want to get shot of the rest of this truck very soon and i am willing to sell parts cheaper to save scrapping them

Comment

i also got a 2.4 manual rad here aswell.Are there any manual parts that you may want as i want to get shot of the rest of this truck very soon and i am willing to sell parts cheaper to save scrapping them
                          Will have a think - do you have a list or are there too many bits?

Comment

i was told by the previous owner there was a brand new clutch and fly wheel fitted but until i get the gearbox off this week then i won't know for sure.Alot of the engine parts are lagged in oil so i'm not will to sell most of them but if you wanted any of them and wanted to cover the postage then you can have them.I'll try to get a list made up later of what is left on there and post back

Comment

i was told by the previous owner there was a brand new clutch and fly wheel fitted but until i get the gearbox off this week then i won't know for sure.Alot of the engine parts are lagged in oil so i'm not will to sell most of them but if you wanted any of them and wanted to cover the postage then you can have them.I'll try to get a list made up later of what is left on there and post back
                              Cheers matey - keep my eye out for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X