Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clicking starter solenoid

Hi all,

my starter has a habit of clicking vigerously and not engaging the starter now and then.

Browsing Roughtrax I came across the 'solenoid repair kit' which is claimed to have fixed *every* starter motor problem its been used on.....

Its arriving weds (along with a set of front shocks, altenator, fuel filters and extended brake hoses)

I'll let you know if it does the job!

lots to do when I get a spare few hours, bambino and wifelet willing......
    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Would like to know if your starter motor repair kit works. May get one for mine, as mine's refusing to start
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

i will let ya know.

about 1 in 5 times i get a machine gun under the bonnet!

can only get worse, i'm sure, so rather than get stuck in the middle of nowhere, i'll get it sorted asap.
      If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

i got one of these kits only to find that my truck came with a smaller starter than the kit is designed for. spoke to rough trax and they said the same has fixed all starters that they have known about. the starter they sell is the smaller version i had fitted to my truck?!? so chos i have a starter kit sitting here that i have no use for if you want it i can let you have it for a fair price
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster View Post
          i will let ya know.

about 1 in 5 times i get a machine gun under the bonnet!

can only get worse, i'm sure, so rather than get stuck in the middle of nowhere, i'll get it sorted asap.
          If I remember correctly, Andy, (M35A2), did an extremely well documented pictorial writeup on replacing the contacts. Might be worthwhile digging that thread out as a guide. He is somewhat of a perfectionist.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
            If I remember correctly, Andy, (M35A2), did an extremely well documented pictorial writeup on replacing the contacts. Might be worthwhile digging that thread out as a guide. He is somewhat of a perfectionist.
            is this the one your on about matt
            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26016

Comment

That's the beastie. The pics appear to have disappeared from his thread in the General section though. (Linked to at the bottom of that thread).

Comment

Working...
              X