Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel primer

Dear Oracle of all things Surf related,

Pray tell, why does my fuel filter drain light keep coming on, I drain the thing with the little plastic wingnut at the bottom, pump it a bit and the light goes out then I drive it for about 10 miles and the damn light comes on again, I have changed the filter for a new one now and the problem persists, I am using B100 biodiesel from a supposedly reputable source and it's not lumpy or , I would assume it was that only I have been using the same stuff for ages without issue until I had my new cylider head fitted the other week, obvoisly the fuel gets to the filter and the primer before it gets to the engine so it's not that but I'm just scratching my head over this?

Might just be a case of a bad batch of bio but could it be that I am not bleeding it properly or something?

Any thoughts?

if i was you i would buy a new fuel filter drain(the white thingy on the bottom).
    you can buy them from roughtrax. that should solve your problem

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      if i was you i would buy a new fuel filter drain(the white thingy on the bottom).
      you can buy them from roughtrax. that should solve your problem
      What the Sledge says N' I'd ditch ya Bio also n go back to dino for while n see what occurs !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

I switched over to regular diesel and changed the sensor at the bottom of the filter as I had a spare, seems to have cured it, pumped through some orrible sludge out of the primer, I still seem to be getting suck back into the tank too, going to get nder her this weekend and see if I can unblock the breather pipes.

I'm a bit gutted about the biodiesel though, it was supposed to be good quality but i've had it standing for a bit and it seems to have seperated a bit, you can see it in the bottom of the containers. Going to run a tank of dino through then go 50/50 with the bio to use it up.

Thanks lads

Comment

Working...
        X