on rad no 3 need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on rad no 3 need help

Head went in december. new head, radiator, rad cap, blocked of egr unit. ify starting for about 30 secnd but othewise ran lovely, but new rad had small sent rad back put new one in this ond leaked also but did not find in time before it dumped the lot and over heated on journey about a mile long. no visable cracks on head but gasket showed minute signs of blowing. new gasket. new rad all cleaned lovely. bit more grumpy when she starts now for about a minute otherwise runs fine have driven her for about an hour up and down local blue bell hill (big long hill) three times on one ocasion on kick down at atleast 3500rpm althe way. andreached just half mill past the half way mark on the temp gauge. driven round for couple of days short journeys and now i notice rad is leaking from joint on top tank. can any one help me have i just been very unlucky or is there somthing else going on, need to drive to cornwall next monday so pretty desperate.

Emma

Where did you get this rad from ?
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

where was the head bought from? and who fitted it?

Comment

bought from millner off road all three as two are replacements. head also from millner. i did donky work and guy i know gave a big qualified hand.

Comment

Wasn't a Milners one was it ?? Reports of poor Quality according to some Folk

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

miller rads are crap from what i have heard on here. try a roughtrax one much better

Comment

to slow jess lol

Comment

HAVE just noticed link to millner rads thred under my thred seems maybe i can be that unluky. thought i was bersting them but couldnt understand as cap should release at 0.9.

Emma

Comment

i'd get my money back and go to roughtrax

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                    i'd get my money back and go to roughtrax
                    and that's the best advice you can get
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

people that sell cr@p deserve to get the bill for the damage their rubbish goods cause
                      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                      Tony

Comment

thats why this forum is so great you get all the best advice

Comment

thanks chaps thought i was going mad being a bird it had nearly bought me to tears. plus its a pig to get the cowling on and of i'm realy fed up with goughing my hands on the fan.

Thanks again

Comment

I've had a cheapo eBay rad on for getting on for 3 years cos I didn't have RT money at the time. Apart from a small weep near the top its OK. I'm going for an OEM one before this winter just so I can be sure of it when I go to the Pyrenees next year.
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by emmahobbis4@hotmail.com View Post
                              thanks chaps thought i was going mad being a bird it had nearly bought me to tears. plus its a pig to get the cowling on and of i'm realy fed up with goughing my hands on the fan.

Thanks again
                              get your money back and go to roghtrax and get a rad.It cost a bit more but well worth it in the end
                              If milners say no refund then threaten with the trading standards etc and if possible get a reciept from a garage for any work done since having these probs due to the rads from milners.Even if you done the work yourself you might know a freindly garage to write a letter/receipt for you and try to get back some of the money you payed out sorting the problems
                              keep us updated on how you get on
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                              X