She lives!! - well, sort of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She lives!! - well, sort of...

Finally got round to removing the injectors (severe overheat last week resulting in what I thought to be cracked head / gasket and engine seize) and she's turning over

There seems to be compression from all 4 cylinders, but not put a tester on them yet, just my thumb!! So couple of questions:
    Theres no emulsification evident either on rad cap or dipstick, nor any evidence of it in expansion tank. All the symptoms of head gasket failure were there when I broke down, huge amount of white smoke, temp. gauge off the scale, discharge of coolant into expansion tank, but now I've got her half apart, I can find no evidence of it. I've noticed water pump belt is loose, could this cause these symptoms if coolant not circulating properly? I know to be sure I need to take head off, but at the moment I'm tempted to put it all back togther, tighten belt, re-fill coolant and cross my fingers, or am I being over optimistic?

Finally (sorry for long post) are there torque settings for the injectors, and if so anyone got them to hand?

Appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Bu5h.
    If you play with fire.....

Hi Bush,
    Go on and try it, nowt to loose have you?
    Injector torque setting 64nm
    If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

because the engine is cold the crack(if there are any)would of closed up as the head gets hot the cracks would expand and open and cause the overheat,you will need a proper compression test to see if any of the cylinders are down,but as said before try it you have nothing to loose.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
        Hi Bush,
        Go on and try it, nowt to loose have you?
        Injector torque setting 64nm
        Ok, cheers fellas. I'm gonna give it a go and see what happens, I'm due a bit of luck. I don't suppose anyone has a spare nut that holds the injector leak off pipe onto the injector, as I've managed to drop one and can't find it

I'll willingly pay for it, just having trouble sourcing one.

Thanks again,

Bu5h.

Comment

Im keeping my fingers crossed for you mate!!

Ask supersurf or stormforce or biohazard about the nut... Im sure one of them will have one!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
            Im keeping my fingers crossed for you mate!!

Ask supersurf or stormforce or biohazard about the nut... Im sure one of them will have one!

Cheers Rod.... MM here I come hehe yes (maybe)

Comment

i've not got one here so its down to the other guys if they have one
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                i've not got one here so its down to the other guys if they have one
                Ok thanks anyway mate.

Comment

i got some nuts to but there surgically broke now, but the squirrel man might be able to help lol

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                    i got some nuts to but there surgically broke now, but the squirrel man might be able to help lol
                    Ahhh you got me all excited there, thought you had one. Reckon I'll find it easier to get hold of one of 'those' nuts than the one I'm after lol.

Comment

If you still have a dodgy head after you get it going , I have a brand new head fitted to a 2.4 Surf that has only been started , not even driven after fitting except up a trailer ramp and then off onto my drive . I want to sell the head so if you need 1 let me know .
                      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
                        If you still have a dodgy head after you get it going , I have a brand new head fitted to a 2.4 Surf that has only been started , not even driven after fitting except up a trailer ramp and then off onto my drive . I want to sell the head so if you need 1 let me know .
                        ok will do cheers fella. Should know by the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                        X