Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo problem

Hi I have a 2.4td surf and love it!
    but i was driving home one day and i could hear a loud tapping sound from the engine and loss of power, so on getting home i took the hose of turbo to see the centre nut on the shaft had come off and chewed blades down smooth!!
    just wondering if any one could tell me why this would happen??
    thanks

Originally posted by leigh345 View Post
    Hi I have a 2.4td surf and love it!
    but i was driving home one day and i could hear a loud tapping sound from the engine and loss of power, so on getting home i took the hose of turbo to see the centre nut on the shaft had come off and chewed blades down smooth!!
    just wondering if any one could tell me why this would happen??
    thanks
    the nut had obviously come undone,been sucked up throught the turbine and mashed the blades to pieces and is now currently either stuck to a piston mashing that up along with the bits of turbine or you have been very lucky and it has been chewed up so much that its passed straight through without any damage at all,but its very unlikely,if i were you i would whip the head off and check piston crowns,valves and around the combustion faces for traces of damage/carnage or loose turbine bits and pieces.before a catastrophic failure if it hasnt happened already.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
    X