clicking/tapping noise on engine turn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clicking/tapping noise on engine turn off

now n then im getting a clicking/tapping noise when engine warm n i turn engine off but i cant find where its coming from. it sounds like it's coming from drivers side but cant pin point it. it only happens now n then. any ideas what it could be or where its coming from??????????

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
    now n then im getting a clicking/tapping noise when engine warm n i turn engine off but i cant find where its coming from. it sounds like it's coming from drivers side but cant pin point it. it only happens now n then. any ideas what it could be or where its coming from??????????
    in a small muffled voice."let me out,let me out,keep tapping he will hear us."how many times have i told you will you have to kill the squirrels before you attempt to barby them on the inlet manifold.

seriously though mate can you give any more of a discription as to where exactly the noise is coming from,try lifting the bonnet next time it happens and stick yer ear around a few places and try and pin point the clicking noise.there is a load of relays around that area.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
      in a small muffled voice."let me out,let me out,keep tapping he will hear us."how many times have i told you will you have to kill the squirrels before you attempt to barby them on the inlet manifold.

seriously though mate can you give any more of a discription as to where exactly the noise is coming from,try lifting the bonnet next time it happens and stick yer ear around a few places and try and pin point the clicking noise.there is a load of relays around that area.
      what???????? what you say???????? lol i have marc n still couldnt find it. n being a fat git i cant get to find it lol

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
        what???????? what you say???????? lol i have marc n still couldnt find it. n being a fat git i cant get to find it lol
        well cut yer bleedin ear orf.and stick it under the bonnet then you might be able to hear it.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

its the ashtray with all the weight of those fag butts in it,
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

It could just be the exhaust manifold/turbo/front pipe cooling down and contracting, that's all down that side.

Comment

Working...
            X