She's dead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's dead!

After the overheat and clouds of white smoke on Tuesday, its looking now as if the engine has definately seized I've tried removing the glow plugs to see if I can turn the engine over but one has snapped whilst trying to get it out. I'm guessing it can't be drilled out, due to bits dropping into where I deffo don't want them, anyone had this / offer any advice? If it is as I fear, I just can't afford an engine swap at the moment, so I will probably end up breaking it, and end my Surfing days for a good while I reckon. Gutted, truly gutted!!

I need off-road transport cheap and quick, and am thinking of Daihatsu Sportrak for a bit, cheaper to run and insure, tax etc. Anyone know anything about them, or point me in right direction of what to look for.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.
    If you play with fire.....

cant be of much help but to say sorry to hear of you truck troubles. sound like quite a predicament!
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Thats been a great help, feel much better now, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bu5hwack3r View Post
        Thats been a great help, feel much better now, thanks.
        No need to get sh!tty with him mate.

Fact is if the head has gone an you are unable to replace it then there isn't much to say other then "Sorry to hear it"

No one wants there surf to have head troubles

Comment

Try a Daihatsu Sportrak forum.....an you might wanna try being nice.
          How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

One of my glow plugs did the same thing, snapped just below the hex where the socket fits.

I had about an inch sticking out of the thread so welded a nut on the end and used this to remove it.

If it's flush with the top of the thread then all you can do is use a stud extractor.

But if the engine has siezed there's no point trying.

Good luck
            IT's not how you get in it . IT's how you get out.

Comment

The comment wasn't directed at Drunkenmonkey, hence I didn't include quote, it was just a general comment. I appreciate I'm not in the inner circle, so don't expect a lot of replies, but my main problem was the broken glow plug, but I guess I'll sort that somehow. I've seen a lot of threads where members have bought Sportraks, so figured someone might know something, but I'll take your advice and join another forum.

Comment

The comment wasn't directed at Drunkenmonkey, hence I didn't include quote, it was just a general comment. I appreciate I'm not in the inner circle, so don't expect a lot of replies, but my main problem was the broken glow plug, but I guess I'll sort that somehow. I've seen a lot of threads where members have bought Sportraks, so figured someone might know something, but I'll take your advice and join another forum.
                There's an inner circle???

Just thought you might be able to get all your answers was all I meant as no one here could help.
                How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Dont worry about the inner circle mate... most of them are just angry or ginger an in the case of MattF ..... BOTH!

Ahem... Ive not had to deal with broken glow plugs so im afraid it aint something i can advise on.

Sportraks are neat lil trucks. the 2.8 engine in them is sposed to be solid!!

On the whole, Cheap decent trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                    Dont worry about the inner circle mate... most of them are just angry or ginger an in the case of MattF ..... BOTH!

Ahem... Ive not had to deal with broken glow plugs so im afraid it aint something i can advise on.

Sportraks are neat lil trucks. the 2.8 engine in them is sposed to be solid!!

On the whole, Cheap decent trucks.
                    Ok, thanks mate. I didn't mean to come across sh1tty, just been a frustrating week, ending in having to tell my son we ain't going to Monster Mania anymore, but that ain't anyones fault, so my apologies if I came across wrong.

Thanks for replies.

Comment

Ok, thanks mate. I didn't mean to come across sh1tty, just been a frustrating week, ending in having to tell my son we ain't going to Monster Mania anymore, but that ain't anyones fault, so my apologies if I came across wrong.

Thanks for replies.
                      Inner Circle !!!! I'm always on the Outside "Outlaw"
                      I don't know how to save or post links, so forgive... search Glowplugs" !!!
                      Some info there ....
                      Good Luck

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Thanks for replies.
                        No worries mate! I can understand its a going to be tough when your in the head problem era of the truck. Its a shame mate

An im sorry you had to tell your son you wont be going to Monster mania.
                        Why not come up anyway!?

Join Elite4x4.co.uk an just go along with those lads... theres loads of different trucks. a Sportrak would be fine in there lot mate!!

Comment

mate, get yourself a £500 mundano and come up to MM in that, no-ones gonna mind, let me know what you decide to do. Just don't expect us to come up with miracle cures when there aint none, there's very few on here who would claim confidently that they would be able to remove a snapped spark plug, let alone instruct someone else in how to do it.

The head going's a shitter, there aint a lot can be said or done about it, but it could happen on any vehicle. Now you just gotta choose to either get rid, or fix.
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                            mate, get yourself a £500 mundano and come up to MM in that, no-ones gonna mind, let me know what you decide to do. Just don't expect us to come up with miracle cures when there aint none, there's very few on here who would claim confidently that they would be able to remove a snapped spark plug, let alone instruct someone else in how to do it.

The head going's a shitter, there aint a lot can be said or done about it, but it could happen on any vehicle. Now you just gotta choose to either get rid, or fix.
                            Fixing Surf at the mo, and got my fingers crossed it may not be as bad as first thought, I'll find out when I put it back together

In the meantime, I needed something to drive so got a er, a erm, how can I say, its a errr, *cough* landroverdiscovery - there, said it quick, maybe no one will notice. If I can't fix the surf in time for MM, do you need details of the disco or do I just go to the small area right at the back by the stinging nettles?

Comment

Fixing Surf at the mo, and got my fingers crossed it may not be as bad as first thought, I'll find out when I put it back together

In the meantime, I needed something to drive so got a er, a erm, how can I say, its a errr, *cough* landroverdiscovery - there, said it quick, maybe no one will notice. If I can't fix the surf in time for MM, do you need details of the disco or do I just go to the small area right at the back by the stinging nettles?
                              send us the details for the disco, and i'll just put both reg no.s on the list for you and put a note so nigel knows the situation, i'm sure it'll be fine.
                              =========
                              =SOLD UP!=
                              =========

Comment

Working...
                              X