black smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black smoke

can anybody tellwhy I get plumes of black smoke & a rattleing (like very loose tappets) from my much loved 2.4 turbo diesel.Once it warms up,it runs like a dream!! any help greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by biker2golfer View Post
    can anybody tellwhy I get plumes of black smoke & a rattleing (like very loose tappets) from my much loved 2.4 turbo diesel.Once it warms up,it runs like a dream!! any help greatly appreciated.
    when was the last time the truck had a oil and filter change.
    Go to www.milneroffroad.com and order a filter kit for a ln130.Buy some 15w40 semi synthetick oil about 6 to 7 litres.Fill the fuel filter with atf or redex before refitting and the drive the truck like you stole it.That should cure the smoke and hopefully help the rattle a bit also
    If the truck hasn't been serviced at all and you don't know when the belts were changed then get them done aswell and the rad cap and thermostat
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Good advice from Richard generally. Once you've done that (or if you've done it already) you might want to check your glow plugs (the fuse first, then the actual plugs).

Comment

Thanyou kind sir
        one other thing do a search for the egr mod and do that also.Don't buy a ball bearing from ebay tho as all you need is a couple of mins of your time and a cable tie

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          Thanyou kind sir
          one other thing do a search for the egr mod and do that also.Don't buy a ball bearing from ebay tho as all you need is a couple of mins of your time and a cable tie
          I have bought the ball bearing & done that, should I tie off the pipe I put the ball bearing in, It's also due a service.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
            Good advice from Richard generally. Once you've done that (or if you've done it already) you might want to check your glow plugs (the fuse first, then the actual plugs).
            I have just changed the glow plugs but not checked the fuse

Comment

Originally posted by biker2golfer View Post
              I have bought the ball bearing & done that, should I tie off the pipe I put the ball bearing in, It's also due a service.
              i would tie off the egr pipe anyway as i don't know if this ballbearing thing works properly or not.Give the truck a good serice and then go from there

Comment

Re

When you use a cable tie to do the EGR mod, do you have to block off the other end as well?

I know you pull the pipe off, bend it over and cable tie it but that leaves a hole where the pipe was attached?

Is this left open?

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett View Post
                  When you use a cable tie to do the EGR mod, do you have to block off the other end as well?

I know you pull the pipe off, bend it over and cable tie it but that leaves a hole where the pipe was attached?

Is this left open?
                  yes is the answer

Comment

Working...
                  X