No announcement yet.

what i can do with too high pollution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what i can do with too high pollution?

hi
    I was on MOT and finally i was rejected because handbrake and to high emission (should be max 3.0 but i have 3.5). Handbrake i've done in 10 minutes but that second one...
    First i bought brand new air filter. Now i starting thinking about EGR mod but... that can give me cleaner smoke or not? ?
    In sum my question is: What i can do to meka me clean enough?

Toyota Hilux Surf SSRX 2.4TD - '92

Originally posted by vielebny View Post
    hi
    I was on MOT and finally i was rejected because handbrake and to high emission (should be max 3.0 but i have 3.5). Handbrake i've done in 10 minutes but that second one...
    First i bought brand new air filter. Now i starting thinking about EGR mod but... that can give me cleaner smoke or not? ?
    In sum my question is: What i can do to meka me clean enough?

Toyota Hilux Surf SSRX 2.4TD - '92
    Get the engine to max temp before the smoke test, or half fill your tank with veg oil.

Comment

New fuel filter and fill it with Redex or ATF to clean your pump and injectors, tan the arse off it for a while before you take it back too.

Alternatively, the search function on here is a good thing.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

was going to mention the fuel filter full of injector cleaner... and a bit of a ranting... get it good and hot before visit... that and a sympathetic tester... remember they shouldn't rag it... 'cos they'll all smoke... 3K should be sufficient... and it should make it through... if all the above has been done.

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ight=emissions

Half a tank of veg worked brilliantly for me a couple of weeks ago
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Working...
          X